Chp. 21- Escaping This Nightmare

Taylor stayed silent the whole drive home. I glanced at him, wanting to explain myself. But I couldn't. He wouldn't understand.

He pulled up in my driveway, turning off the car. There was nothing but still silence.

I took a deep breath as I started to speak. "Thank you for the-"

He interrupted me. "Why do you keep doing this?" He said looking at me.

"Doing what?" I asked starting to get a little annoyed.

"Pushing me away. After everything, you still don't trust me." He snapped. "I saved your life."

"I didn't ask you too." I shot back. "I was doing fine before you came. You ruined everything."

"Oh please, Ava. Everything was already screwed up before you met me." He scolded.

"Why do you continue to believe all those rumors about me?" He added.

"It's not that!" I barked.

"Then what!" He barked back.

I didn't want to explain myself any further. I got out of his car and started walking towards the front door.

"Ava!" Taylor called after me.

"Go home, Andrews." I replied as he went back in his car and drove away.

So much for a first date.

I stormed into the front door which was already unlocked. All the lights in the house were off. I looked around for the light switch. I turned on the light and heard my dad from the other room. "Avaaaa." He called out.

I walked to his room and found him stretched out on his bed with a empty bottle of Jack Daniels. "Goddamit Dad!" I snapped.

"Watch your language." He muttered.

I picked my dad up, trying to help him gain his balance. Once he started to walk on his own, he headed to the kitchen. I followed him, watching him grab a whiskey bottle from the fridge. I walked over to him, putting my hand on his shoulder. "C'mon Dad. Can you please not drink anymore tonight? I'm really not in the mood to-" He cut me off by grabbing my wrist that was rested on his shoulder. Tightening his grip, I struggled to get away.

"Dad.. you're hurting me." I whimpered trying to wiggle away.

I looked at him as his eyes met mine. His innocent fatherly gaze wasn't there anymore. It was replaced with a cold dark stare. Fear slowly started to worm its way in my mind. "Don't touch me." He muttered in a chilling deep voice.

He let go of his grip as I pulled away from him. "What the fuck is wrong with you!" I shouted at him.

"Language!" He shouted back.

"No fuck this." I shot back. "I can't stand being in this house! It reaks of alcohol all the time. I thought you were supposed to sober up. I thought you were supposed to be a man and stop running away from your problems. Mom was right about you. You aren't cut out to be a father."

Suddenly, I felt his rough, cold hand slice through the air and onto my cheek harshly. In pain and shock, I fell to the floor below me. Every part of me was shaking in fear. I put my hand over my now red raw cheek as I looked horrified at my dad towering over me. He let out a cruel scoff before walked away.

I picked myself up weakly buy immediately bolted to my room. I shut and locked the door behind me. I turned around, leaning against the door. I fell to the ground, tears rolling down my cheeks.

I buried my face into my hands, empty desperate sobs filling thebdarkness that surrounded me. I looked around my gloomy room, not knowing what to do. I felt alone more than ever. I didn't want to stay here.

I opened my closet, grabbed clothes stray clothes, and stuffed them in my bag. I slowly creaked open the window and climbed out. As soon as I reached the sidewalk, I ran.

The stars still shined, even in what seemed like an eternal darkness. I ran down the street, with nothing on my mind but only one person. I had to get away from this nightmare. There was only one person who could help me. I grabbed my phone out of my backpack and with shaky hands, I texted the only person who could possibly make this better.

A: I need you.. I don't want to be here anymore..

My phone buzzed as I looked down at the reply.

T: Come over, I'll let you in.