Chp. 31- Intruder

Taylor started to spend the night more, helping me take care of my dad. Occasionally he would bring Daniel, who loved to look through my dad's old western movies. My dad was happy to see a little boy running around. It reminded him of the parenthood he always wanted but never took the opprotunity to have. Taylor's family would come over, his mom, sister, and even his brother went he came home from college. Weeks went by and for a while, everything was starting to get better. I even forgot about the note Nick had left. I haven't told Taylor about them, knowing he would go crazy that a guy was

It was friday night, and dad had to stay at the hospital to recieve heavy treatments. Taylor went to the grocery store to pick up something to make for dinner. I was in my dad's room, cleaning up before he had come home. I heard the door open from the living room, and assumed it was Taylor coming from the store.

"I'm here Taylor" I called out

Footsteps creaked walking towards the room. I could hear the door open as I turned to look. My heart dropped at the sight of Nick standing through the doorway.

"Missed me?" he smirked.

I stood there frozen, looking at him to the baseball bat besides my dad's bed. I ran to grab it, but suddenly feeling his hand clutch onto the back of my shirt, pulling me towards him. I tried to scream as he covered my mouth with his hand and threw the bat across the room. "Shh. Shh. Don't worry love. I'll be out of your hair as soon as I get what I came here for."

He threw me onto the bed, taking off his shirt revealing his abs. His body weight kept me from struggling to get up. "Why me.." I croaked.

He chuckled as his hand softly gazed over my cheek. "I've been watching you. I heard of your reputation of giving men what they wanted. I liked that.. But what I didn't know, is that you would be so feisty about it." I pulled away from him, spitting in his face to only get slapped across my face.

"Alright, enough talking." He growled as he pulled off my sweats. His fingers lightly moving over my underwear. I shut my eyes, quietly sobbing as I wished for it to all be over. "Don't cry.." he whispered, "I'll go slow."

Then everything went into a blur. I looked around as I saw Nick fighting with someone who ran into the room. Punches were thrown, and they both ended up on the ground. I tried to regain my focus as I saw the person on top of Nick, hitting him over and over. He got up from the floor, panting as he walked toward me.

"Ava.." he said through heavily breaths. "Are you okay?"

My mind went blank but I know whose voice it was.

Taylor came at the right time.

My eyes dozed off soon slowly being engulfed by darkness.