Chp. 4- Yup, School Sucks

"Have fun out there," my dad smiled as I stared out the window. We were parked in front of my new school and I could already feel the dread. I rolled my eyes as I climbed out of tye car and walked towards the front door, passing many unfamiliar faces.

I was wearing a dark blue flannel, ripped black skinny jeans, and black combat boots. I let my wavy light brown hair loosely hang down my back. I didn't want much makeup, my today I simply wore mascara and eyeliner. It was my first day of school after all.

I walked into the hallways as I sighed deeply as the many people walking back and forth down the hallways. It was my junior year and I am the new kid.

I tried to avoid as much human contact as possible as made my way to the front office. The lady behind the desk handed me my schedule and I quickly scanned it over. Geometry was my first class. How lovely.

Suddenly, something pushed past me, making me stumble backwards. I whipped around and glared at whoever did it.

"Excuse you." I called out after them.

The person turned around, his features becomig more clear. He had dark brown hair lightly rested on his head. His dark brown eyes glinted with amusement. His jawline was sharp and on his face was a pair of full, soft looking lips. If this guy wasn't such an asshole, I'd actually think he was attractive. His smirk widened on his face as he chuckled.

"Taylor Andrews, come back and apologize to the girl you shoved." I heard a voice call out from behind me.

I turned around and saw a figure standing in the doorway to the principle's office. I guess this dude had just gotten out of his office. Why wasn't I surprised?

The boy reluctantly turned around and looked at me with no sympathy at all. "Sorry." He shrugged before turning back around and walking off.

"I'm sorry, you're gonna have to excuse Taylor there." The man said, "He really is a piece of work."

"It's okay," I replied. "I don't mind guys like him."

"You must be Avalyn Parker? Your father called and told me you would be in the office to pick up your schedule. Welcome to my school. I hope you enjoy your first day here." He smiled.

I only half smiled at the man before turning around and walking off, desperately wanting to crawl back in my bed and never wake up.

School really does suck.

..

So I hope you guys don't think Taylor is too much of a jerk just yet. You'll get to know more about him in the next chapter! So read on (: