Chp. 26- Daddy Coming To The Rescue

Ava's POV.

It was a half hour past noon and I had to get ready before Nick came to pick me up. I chose not to dress too fancy, since we were only going to the movies. I slipped on my pair of maroon jeans, a white oversized blouse that hung on my collar bones, then put a black leather jacket over, and finally my white converse. I walked in the bathroom to straighten my hair and put on my makeup. Since I gotten used to the natural look, I put on the basic mascara and lip gloss. After I finished with my hair, I decided to wear a floral crown headband. I looked into the mirror, grinning at my self.

Its takes a lot of effort to look this good.

I heard a knock on the door from the living room. I walked to answer it as my dad asked, "Who is it?"

"Nick. He's a friend." I muttered.

"What about that Taylor kid? I thought you two were dating."

"Taylor and I are not dating. Please dad, don't embarass me." I whispered over to him.

"So you're dating him?" He asked pointing out the window as Nick knocked again.

"No, were just going to the movies. I'll be back later." I finally said, walking out the door to greet Nick.

"Hey Ava." He said grinning, scanning my appearance. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." I grinned back. "Let's get going."

He let me pick the movie as he got the popcorn. We found two seats in the back and had a brief conversation before the movie started.

I leaned my head against his shoulder, lightly covering his hand with mine. I could smell the musky cologne of his shirt. Although, it didn't really compare to Taylor's sweet, minty scent.

Fuck, my couldn't even move an inch without thinking about Taylor.

I was too eager to forget about him. I would have done anything to get my mind off of him at this point.

But I had to admit, Nick was really sweet. He was treating me kindly and like how any normal girl should be treated. Who knows? Maybe I might turn out to actually like him.

After the movie, we grabbed a bite to eat at a chinese shop downtown. We passed by a couple of houses, but one caught my eye. People were scattered all around the house like ants. I could hear the loud music and strobe lights coming from inside.

Looks like someone is throwing a wild party.

As Nick ordered chow mein and orange chicken, I found a table outside to sit. Throughout the meal, we had conversations about his family and what he wanted to do after high school. Turns out, he was the only child. His parents expected him to go to a top school in the country to become a lawyer.

He seemed to have everything cut out for him. Why was he so interested in a girl like me?

When we were done with our meal, we climbed in his car and made our way back to my house. Soon enough, he parked the car in my driveway and turned off the car.

"I had a fun time." I said spreading my lips into a thin smile.

"Me too."

"Thanks again for the movie and meal." I smiled politely, "I'll see you later." Just as I was about to clim of his car, I felt his hand clutch onto my wrist. The force of his grip stunned me as he pulled my face into his, smashing our lips together. I stood there stunned at his sudden movement. I could feel his wandering hand gtting extremely.close to my inner thigh. This was going too fast.

I immediately broke the kiss and pulled away. "Don't touch me." I practially shouted at him.

He gave me a cocky smirk, making my stomach suddenly squirm. "C'mon Ava, I took you on a date. Why don't you take your time to pleasure me now.." He said inching closer to me.

I shoved him away harshly. "Is this what you took me on a date for? To sleep with me afterwards? What the fuck is the matter to you!"

"Hey look, now I'm a decent guy and I'm only asking for one simple thing." He said in a sickly calm voice.

I opened the car door quickly, and tried run to reach the front door of my house. I suddenly felt a hand grab ahold of the back of my hair. I screamed in pain as I was dragged back to his car and thrown roughly into the backseat. The weight of his heavy body knocked the air out of my lungs without warning.

"I guess you want to do this the hard way." He muttered through clenched teeth as he unzipped my pants, one hand fiemly planted on my breast.

I squirmed and struggled underneath him, only to have him slap me, feeling his nail forcefully cut my lip. Tears started escaping my eyes as I knew what was going to happen next. He started unbuckling his belt, slowly pulling down his pants.

Suddenly the sound of the car door opened and Nick was roughly dragged off me. I looked out with teary eyes to see my dad on top of him, his fists colliding with Nick's face over and over again. I quickly climbed out the car, pulling my dad away from Nick's bruised and bleeding face. If he didn't stop, I knew he would kill him.

"Don't you ever touch her again! If I see you around here one more time, I swear to God I'll kill you!" He shouted as Nick staggered to his car, giving me one last glare as he drove away.

I could still see the anger in my dad's eyes as he rushed towards me, making me flinch. He pulled me into his arms and squeezed me tightly.

"I never liked that boy." My dad said as he was still wrapped around me. I stiffled out a chuckle as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Don't worry, you're safe now." He whispered to me.

Safe.. I was never going to be safe.