Chp. 14- Meeting the Mrs.

I let my dad sleep in my room that night. I stayed up cleaning the mess in the living room. After I was done, it was already 11:30. Boy, was I going to wake up grumpy. I flung myself on the couch and quickly knocked out like a light.

..

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I fluttered my eyes open as I picked myself up from the couch. Still feeling a little groggy, I walked into the kitchen. My dad had a huge stack of pancakes sitting next to him on the table.

"Happy Birthday cupcake." He beamed, motioning for me to sit down.

I appreciated what he did for me. How he tried to start off my birthday with good ol' butter pancakes. Mitch texted me a happy birthday this morning and told her to come over an hour before the concert so we could get ready at her house. My dad told me it was okay if I stayed out late. Personally, I was already going to.

After breakfast, I went back to my room to take a nap before I left to Mitch's house. I stuck my earphones in and played If I Tremble by Front Porch Step before I drifted off to sleep once again.

'If I tremble at the sight of you, it's not because I'm cold. But because I'm staring at the girl I want to love me when I'm old..'

..

I woke up to my dad shaking me to get up. "Ava, it's already 4, you should get going to Mitch's." I looked at the clock. Shit.

I got up and ran to the bathroom. I quickly jumped in the shower and blow dried my hair the best I could. I grabbed the clothes I was going to wear off my bed, stuff them into my backpack, grabbed my skateboard, and raced to Mitch's.

I got to her house panting amd out of breath.

"There you are! C'mon we needa get ready." She said pulling me into her room. I slipped on a oversized white knitted long sleeve top and my favorite black ripped jeans. I ran to her bathroom and quickly curled my hair for the special occasion. I put on my 'I'm So Fancy' beanie and a pair of new white converse. I was forsure getting these dirty tonight. I rushed back to the bathroom to put my eyeliner, mascara, and red lipstick on. I also tried out a new dark smokey eye shadow Mitch showed me how to do. I looked in the mirror one last time.

I had stop myself from physcially patting myself on the back. Well done Ava, well done.

Mitch and I climbed into her dad's car as we drove to pick up Dylan. Soon after, we drove the concert venue. It only took 20 minutes for it to get packed. The three of us jumped out her dad's car and rushed to the main entrance.

I had to admit, the concert was incredible. Tori Kelly had such a beautiful voice. I started to sing along to my favorite song she sang, 'Dear No One'.

'Yeah sometimes I want someone to grab my hand, pick me up, hold me close, be my man. I will love you till the end.'

Soon after the concert, Dylan called his mom to drive us to the carnival nearby. His mom decided to bring Dylan's little brother and sister to the fair. I loved Dylan's little sister. She had naturally light brown curly hair and a pair of hazel eyes to match.

She's a 8 year old and she's already prettier than me.

We made our way into the fair line and paid for our game tickets. Dylan told his mom he would walk home after, so the three of us wandered off on our own. We immediately went to the biggest rollercoaster there. I hated the lines for these kind of rides, but I loved the thrill of it. We went on a couple of more until we decided to play games along side the stands.

Mitch's eyes immediately darted to a giant panda bear hanging outside one of the booth's. "I need to have it!" She said exaggeratingly.

As Dylan and I watched her failed attempts to throw a ring around a bowling pin, I heard a familiar voice behind me.