Chp. 36- Too Many Tears

Just wanna give a shoutout to saramouracar for being the first vote on my story! Thank you so much for reading and supporting! That means so much -xoxo
_______________________________________

*Taylor's POV*

Ava insisted on spending the night after I told her the news. Frankly, it hurt to even look at her these past few days and not want to take her with me to somewhere faraway place. I didn't have the willpower to imagine my life without her..

A part of me wanted to scream at my mom and dad for deciding this without my permission. But I know that would only get me nowhere. They already decided. It was too late.

Of course I didn't care about people from my school knowing about my move. I was only worried about Ava. How could I leave her alone with her sick dad.. knowing she needed me. I felt like such a horrible person. Ava deserved better than this. She deserved someone less screwed up than I was. I shoved away the thought.

"Let's go somewhere." I said to Ava as she was lying beside me.

"Like where?"

My mind immediately knew. "It's a surprise." I smirked as I dragged her off the bed and down the stairs.

I didn't even bother telling my mom where we were going. I was doing my best to ignore her until I left.

We got in the car, and I stopped by a pizzeria, ordering a pineapple pizza. It was her favorite so I knew to get it. I then drove to a place where I knew Ava and I could be alone and in peace. She started to look around realizing where I was taking her.

I took her to the same park the night of the party. The night I truly saw her for her. The night I knew I couldn't live without her. We took a seat on the same bench we sat on the last time we were here. We sat down, opening the box of pizza and each taking a slice. The silence crept between us, but it was okay. It was calm and comforting.

She grabbed her phone out of her back pocket and played 'Aware" by Front Porch Step. I smiled as the lyrics played.

'The space between our lips is bound to break my ever aching heart. And I am sure that you will never find a man that is ever gonna love you more.. So why won't you love me.'

The scenery was perfect. This moment was perfect. Until she popped the big question.

"What's going to happen to us?"

I could feel a lump in my throat, and by the look on her face, she knew what I was going to say.

"This is it, huh.." she whispered, looking down at the grass. "This is the end for us.. isn't it."

Feeling tears form, I shut my eyes and stayed quiet. I had to be the strong one. But how could I be strong when the only girl I had truly felt anything for was being ripped away from me..

"Please say something.." she quietly said, hearing her voice becoming raspy.

I took a deep breath, trying to find the words to say to her.

"I'm scared.." I could barely make out. "You showed me.. so many things.. that my past doesn't have to define me and it's okay to screw up sometimes.. but to never think im a screw up myself.. you made me a better person, Ava.. and I'll never forget that. And to just leave you here.. it's killing me.."

She swooped to my side, wrapping her arms around me. Giving me a light kisses on my cheek.

We stayed there in silence. No words were spoken after that. I didn't want this to be any worse than what is already was.

The thought of my life without Ava was still planted in me. I could already feel the loneliness creeping inside me. The feeling was painful, but I guess I had to get use to it.. it felt as if every day with her by my side were all taken away from me, too fast.

This is the end..