Chp. 27- Black Beauty

A week has past and I haven't attempted to talk to Taylor whatsoever. I convinced myself I was over him, but not even all the junk food and Netflix movies in the world could push away the memory of his smile. I could still imagine his warm soft skin pressed againstine as we layed in bed together. The fire that burned my skin wherever he touched me. The heat that radiated off of the both of us as our lips connected passionately.

Fuck, forgetting him was going to be harder than I thought.

The sharp ringing of of phone snapped me out of my daze.

"Pass me my phone Ava," Mitch said to me. I was spending the night at her house while her dad was away for the weekend.

"It's Dylan." I saod before giving it to her.

She brought the phone to her ear, "Hey, what's up? Wait what? A party? Where? Xavier! When? Okay, okay we'll be there ina bit."

As soon as she hung up, she turned to me with wide excited eyes. I already knew what she was going to say and I already knew I didn't want to go.

"Mitch, I thought you said we would stay in and watch movies." I groaned.

"C'mon Ava! All we did today was watch movies. Let's go out tonight! Have fun!" She pleaded.

"I'm perfectly fine where I am.." I retorted, "The last time I tried to go out and 'have fun' this happened to me." I said pointing underneath my eye that still cased a purple coating from his forceful slap.

"Ava.." She sighed, "I know you're still shooken up about what happened with Nick.. but you can't keep everything locked away. Sooner or later, your feelings are just going to build up until you burst."

I chuckled at the thought of me bursting out the chocolate chip cookies I had ate earlier.

She continued on with her lecture, "You need to let it all out, Ava. Eventually, you're going to have to. So why not do it now."

"I don't think drinking will help anything."

"No, but it'll help release stress and get your mind off things. Which is exactly what you need right now." She said pulling me up from the couch with all her might.

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, okay. I'll go."

We walked to her room and turned up the stereo as she played 'Poison' by Front Porch Step.

'I can't hear you calling out my name.. But I still feel your breath across my neck, driving me insane.. But don't you love, so how do you explain? You walk away from my life but you live inside my brain.'

She opened her closet, and started to rummage through the mess. From within, she picked out a sleek black dress and handed it to me. With wide eyes I took the dress from her. "You want me to wear this?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed as she stripped, alreading changing into a dress of her own.

I quickly changed, slipping a leather jacket over to make it more my style. I walked to the bathroom as I let Mitch put on my eyeshadow and a light coat of red lipstick. She made sure to cover the purple bruise underneath my eye with foundation. Just as she finished straightening my hair, I looked into the mirror and was astonished. I looked like a completely different person. Mitch was really good at cosmetics. Which she was planning to exactly study in college.

"You look like a black beauty." She grinned at me, proud of her work.

Suddenly, car honks could he heard from outside her house.

"That's Dylan." She grinned excitedly.

I rolled my eyes and groaned once more as I slipped on a pair of high heels and followed her outside.

What a interesting night this is gonna be.