Chp. 35- Broken Hearts

When Taylor came to pick me up, we decided to take a walk downtown. This part of town was always my favorite. The streets were decorated with lights and tall buildings lined up behind them. Taylor and I were holding hands, basking in the beauty of the summer night.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Taylor asked breaking the silence.

I looked around to see if I could find anywhere to talk to him in private. I lead him on a bench surrounded by beautiful cherry trees. I sat down patting the space next to me for him to sit down.

"Taylor.. I need to tell you something.." I hesistated.

He gave me a concerned look, curious to see what I was going to say next. Just as I was about to speak, he looked down giving a small sigh.

"I have to tell you something too." He mumbled back.

I sat there very confused. He had something to tell me? I was way too distracted by his statement that I forgot the reason why I brought him here.

"What is it?" I finally asked.

"I don't know how to say this.." he began to speak still looking down.

Oh no. Was he breaking up with me? Panic started to swell in my mind.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I blurted out, worry thick in my voice.

He shot me an alarmed look. "What? No! That wasn't what I was going to say!"

A wave of relief flooded over me as I sighed deeply. "Oh. Okay good."

He hesistated to go on, trouble evident in his eyes. What did he need to tell me?

"I never wanted to leave you Ava," he said barely above a whisper, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do this to you."

I grew worried morw and more by the second. I put my hand over his in reassurance. "You can tell me anything." I tried to sound positive. Maybe it was nothing, I tried to convince myself.

"I'm leaving." He croaked.

I again to feel panic and fear overwhelm me. This way worse. I started to breath heavily, looking down at the ground. He was leaving? I could already feel my eyes start to water. I looked at hik with pleading eyes, wondering why he had never told me this earlier. Was it me? Was it something I done? A horrible feeling began to dwell in the pit of my stomach.

He explained further, "My dad is relocating his job to San Francisco. And I'm leaving with him. My mom and I have been arguing about my grades and how I'm almost never home. She thinks that I'm just going to get into trouble here.."

I tried to comprehend the thought of him leaving. "Can't you stay?" I croaked.

"Ava, you know if I could, I would. But my mom and dad made a few calls, already enrolling me into a school there for my senior year.. They want to me to stay there for college too. I don't know.." He let out a heavy breath. "Maybe they're right."

I couldn't even trust myself to speak without bursting out into tears. I took a deep breath, trying to hold it in before I could talk.

"How could you say that?" I asked trying to sound as calm as possible. "You said you would never leave me. How long have you even known about this?

"Since last month."

My hurt expression suddenly turned cold. Anger and pain raged through my veins, making my muscles tighten. "You knew and you didn't tell me earlier?" I spat.

He looked at me, holding onto my shoulder trying to calm me. "Ava, I wanted to spend as much time with you as I could before I left."

"When are you leaving?"

He sighed. "In two days."

My eyes widened as he spoke. Two days? He knew about this for a month and he barely decided to tell me two days before he was leaving? Then a thought came to me as my stomach started to feel sick. We had sex last week. And he still knew he was going to move. Is that why he didn't tell me sooner? Because he wanted to do me before he left? My anger only burned more. I looked at him, seeing a single tear escape his eye.

"I don't want to lose you.." he whispered wiping his eyes.

Suddenly, all my anger wilted into guilt. This probably wasn't easy for him to tell me. I scooted to his side to comfort him. "Please don't leave me.." was all I could say.

I couldn't even bring myself to think about what was going to happen after Taylor left. I was going to be alone again. I wasn't going to be able to hold him anymore. I wasn't going to be able to see his smile anymore. He was whisking himself away out of my life as if he never even existed. My cheeks started to feel wet as tears poured out, choking out quiet sobs.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly as I cried. "Please baby don't cry.."

I closed my eyes shut wanting to let this be all a dream. I didn't want to lose him. I couldn't. I felt a pain in my chest as if I could actually feel my heart breaking.

What was supposed to be a good night instantly turned into the worst night ever..

..

Sorry to hit you with this curveball! This was the only thing I could think of to end this story. Which reminds me! Only a few more chapters left! The next one will be in Taylor's POV explaning his part of the story. He's leaving you guys! Soooo. Should it mean that the sequel (if there is going to be one) should take place in his new life in San Fran? Through his POV? Hmmm. I'm still debating on it but I'll reveal it to final chapter! Love you guys!

Sincerely, Sammie.