Chp. 37- If This Was A Movie

*Ava's POV*

I couldn't sleep all night, my mind was wide awake, wandering if I was ever going to accept the idea of him leaving. I looked to my side, seeing Taylor fast asleep. His chizzled face features were still visible in the night. I slowly ran my hand over his cheek, trying not to wake him up. A grin spread to his face as he felt my touch. I was happy knowing I was able to spend our last night together with him. Then my brain fulled wrapped around what I just said. The only bad part about this was, it was our last night together. Taylor promised he'd come back for me one day.. that he'd take me and we would runaway together. It was cheesy, but I wanted to be with him more than anything. But something in the back of my mind knew that he wouldn't.. and our fantasy of being together till our hearts stop beating was only going to remain exactly that.. a fantasy.

I looked to my other side at the alarm clock on his nighstand. 5:26. Was I really up this late? We had to get up in 2 more hours to get to the airport. I layed my head on Taylor's chest as I felt his arm cover me. And just at the warmth of his touch, I fell fast asleep.

I woke up to the sound of the alarm ringing. My eyes shot open and I wanted to smash the clock, to roll over and continue my slumber. But I couldn't. "Ava.." I could hear his mumble.

"Yes baby?"

"We need to get up or else were never going to." his rapsy voice said

"And what's so bad about that?" I replied, seeing a smirk appear on his face.

As much as I hated it, he picked himself up from the warm embrace of my arms and the bed. I frowned as I watched him stand up and rub the sleep from his eyes.

"Come on," he say patting my legs, "We have to go."

My frown only deepened but he wouldn't budge. I rolled my eyes and finally stood up from the bed.

We began to get ready, only slightly rushing ourselves. The breakfast we had went a little too quick. I moaned as I looked at the clock. We had to drive to the airport within a half hour to catch his flight. Before I knew it, his dad honked the horn from outside, already starting to pack Taylor's bags in the car.

Taylor, his parents, and I drove to the airport in silence. I looked out the window as I saw his dad pull up to a parking right in front. We managed to get by security quickly, as we heard Taylor's flight call from the headcom.

This is it. Was all I could process right now. I looked at Taylor, completely horrified and clueless. My fear was evident in my eyes as his gaze met mine. His face softened, knowing exactly what was going to come next.

Our goodbyes.

It's true when they said goodbyes was the most difficult thing to do when it came to the person you love me. I immediately dropped my bag and ran to his arms. My eyes watered so quickly, I could feel the stream of tears come.

I can't do this..

"I love you.." I croaked.

I felt him pull back in surprise. His eyes were also red and puffy, as if this is the hundredth time he had cried. "I love you too.." a smile tugged at the end of his cheeks, showing his beautiful smile.

"Taylor, we have to go." His dad ushered. Before he finished his sentence, Taylor gently pushed against my lips, slowly and gracefully moving his lips in sync with mine. His kiss was soft and warm. And I knew it meant way more than a heavy makeout.

He pulled away, lifting my chin to look up at him. I watched him and his dad walk through the doors, aboarding the plane. I waited a while before rushing to the window to see his plane take flight.

The farther I could see it, the more my heart seemed to tear. 

I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of him not being here tomorrow. I wish I could say that this was like the movies. When the person you love gets on a plane, and miracously decides to not board to stay there with you.

But this wasn't a movie.. and Taylor wasn't staying..