Chapter 21

Tw: swearing, talk of sex

Penny

I'm just about asleep when I hear Simon enter our flat. In usual Simon Snow fashion he doesn't fail to accidentally slam every cupboard door he opens in the kitchen, and drop at least three things on the ground. I groggily pull myself out of bed to go tell him to shut up, but when I round the corner into the kitchen, my scathing remarks die in my throat. Simon is staring blankly into the bowl of cereal in front of him.

"Hey?" I lightly knock on the side of the wall to let him know I'm here.

"Hey?" He doesn't look up from his bowl.

"What's up?" I ask, sitting down in a chair at the table with him.

"Baz and I got into a bit of a fight" he huffs, and I worry for a moment that I won't know how to help him. He's never had any relationship issues, because he's never been in a relationship. I decided to just try my best and listen to him.

"What was it about?" I ask, and his face turns bright red.

"What it was about doesn't really matter" he brushes it off, and now all I want is to know what it was about. "But he kinda got on my ass for not wanting to fuck him" he mumbles, and my curiosity vanishes  and is replaced by worry.

"Was he trying to force you to... you know?" I ask, I'm scared to hear the answer.

"Force me to what?" Simon has to silently repeat the sentence a couple times before I see realization wash over his face, followed by horror. "Oh no! No, nothing like that" he clears up, and I let out a sigh of relief. "He would never" he assures me. "It was more in defence, 'cause I kinda took a jab at him for being happy to fuck strangers for a living. And he said he didn't understand why I cared so much, cause I wouldn't even fuck him" he explains, and I try my best to take in, and understand the rambling stream of words that just came out of his mouth. "Which isn't true, by the way. I have fucked him, and I would do it again, I just don't particularly care for it" he adds indignantly.

"Okay okay," I mumble, trying to collect my thoughts. "So what he said to you, was not okay at all. And you know that" I affirm his feelings before moving on. "You definitely should talk to him about it, though. Obviously, wait till tomorrow morning or until you feel you've cooled off because you don't want to say anything you don't mean" I encourage him. "But it also sounds like both ends maybe owe apologies?" I add and he nods in agreement.

"Yeah, I should probably apologize to" he grimaces.

"Hey don't overthink it too much, it's not going to be that big of a deal if you guys talk about it quick. But if you wait a bit and let it grow it will become a big thing" I warn him, and I think I've worried him a bit, because his expression had taken on a slightly nervous look. "Don't worry, just text him as soon as you wake up tomorrow, and you'll be okay" I try my best to reassure him.

"Okay" he frowns uneasily. "But what do I even say?" He stresses.

"Just text him asking him to call you. Then wait for him to call you. The right words will come when you need them" I assure him, but deep down wonder if that's the best advice. Simon isn't really known for his eloquence.

"Okay," he nods. "Thanks for helping me out" he gives me a small smile, and I lean forward to press a kiss to the top of his head.

"Of course Simon" I hug him before pulling away. "I'm going to go to bed now, I have class in seven hours"