Chapter 10

Baz

Simon's been on edge since we started the movie, and I'm not sure if I should tell him to relax. I decide it's up to him to make himself comfortable, but I do try to lead by making myself relaxed closer to the middle of the couch,

It's been a while, and he already looks less tense (the beer probably helped). "Can I put an arm around you?" I ask, not sure how comfortable he'd be with that. He smiles shyly and nods. A small laugh escapes my lips while I wrap my arm around his shoulder. I'm surprised by how quickly he cuddles into my side.

I've stopped paying attention to the movie (it was pretty shitty anyway) my mind is caught up on the man cuddled against me. I wonder if now is too soon to voice my concern about how he feels towards my work.

"Simon" I mumble wanting to get his attention, when he doesn't respond I glance down and realize that he's fallen asleep. I smile and grab the blanket sitting on the armrest and toss it over us, and pull him closer. I smile to myself liking that Simon is comfortable enough to fall asleep around me. I feel bad for him though, it's only 9 pm and he's out cold, he must've had an exhausting week. I can't bring myself to wake him up yet, so I decided to watch the movie, every now and then I twist his curls in my fingers.

The movie unfortunately ends, and I decided I have to wake Simon up from his very peaceful slumber. I lightly rub his shoulder "Simon"

"Mhh what" he rolls to the side burying his face into my chest, he stays like that for a good second, before sitting straight up. "Oh my goodness Baz, I'm so sorry did I fall asleep?" His face is taking on a blush and he looks nervous.

"Yeah, but it's okay I don't mind" I smile wrapping an arm back around his shoulder.

"Are you sure" I can hear the guilt in his voice.

"Positive" I turn and press a kiss to the top of his head. He rests his chin on my shoulder to hide his smile

"I should probably head home," I tell him, my sentence getting interrupted by a yawn.

"Yeah, probably" Simon smiles and leads me out.

"This was a really nice night," I think about kissing him, but I don't think now is the time. He smiles and pulls me into a hug. "You still owe me a date" he just laughs.

"Good night Baz"

"Good night"