Chapter 14

Baz

I know that I need to be careful about this, all the relationships I have in my life right now (whether they be friends, or just fuck buddies) are pretty relaxed about these sort of situations. My friends don't mind sleeping in the same bed together in just our boxers. I've gone to sex parties with my friends just for us to all leave together. Being surrounded by that mentality for so long makes it so hard to see things from others perspectives, because it's so normal to me. I know an asexual guy, and he's nothing like Simon. We've actually had sex... on multiple occasions. He says he finds the experience interesting but doesn't really get pleasure from it. And that's the only person I know who identifies as asexual....

I snap out of my thoughts, I need to pay attention to Simon right now. "What do you usually sleep in?" I ask casually, and he turns red.

"I'm not the biggest fan of pyjamas usually" he shrugs, (why does he always shrug?)

"Okay, what would you feel comfortable sleeping in here?" I rephrase my question.

"I don't know, pants and a shirt" he laughs like it was a stupid question. I smile and toss him some sweats and a T-shirt.

"Do you mind if I don't wear a shirt?" I ask, already starting to pull my shirt off.

"Yeah, I don't mind-" he cuts his sentence short when he sees me slip my sweats off.

"Oh sorry, do you want me to change in the bathroom?" I ask, honestly finding the idea unnecessary.

"No it's fine, just caught me off guard a bit"

"Okay," I chuckle and dig through my drawer looking for pyjama bottoms that I know I have somewhere. While I'm searching I see Simon staring at me from the corner of my eye. I turn around, and he instantly glues his eyes to the floor. "You can stare, I don't mind" I chuckle, and Simon's face flushes.

"I um-"

"I found them!" I cut him off (mostly to spare him from having to finish his sentence) and triumphantly hold up the pants I was looking for and pull them on. I throw my old clothes in the hamper and am about to get into bed when I realize Simon still hasn't changed. "I'm going to go brush my teeth, I'll find you a toothbrush while I'm there," I tell him before walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

I listen to the sound of Simon quickly changing, while I brush my teeth. I find it interesting that he's so skittish around this sort of stuff, it might be because he's asexual, but I don't think so. Maybe it's just because it's new to him? I finish up in the washroom and find a new toothbrush for him. I let him know I left him a toothbrush, and get under my covers. I scroll through Twitter while he finishes up.

• • •

He returns into the room, and hovers in the doorway for a second, looking unsure. "Come, lay down" I pat the spot beside me, still enjoying the woozy feeling from the wine. He does as I instructed and lays down stiffly beside me, I can tell he's not sure how close is too close, and where his arms should go. "Simon?"

"Yeah" he looks up at me nervously.

"Sit up for a second," I tell him, as I move closer into the middle of the bed.

"Okay?" He looks confused but does it anyway.

"Okay, now lay back down," I tell him, and reach for his shoulder to guide him back down until his head is resting on my chest. "This is okay?" I ask, again, not quite sure how to treat him.

"Yeah it's good" I feel him smile against my skin. I lightly run my fingernails up and down his back, and he sighs contentedly. I start to drift off, and right before I fall asleep, I twist a finger in Simon's hair and feel him smile in response.

________________________________
I edited this while attending an online assembly lmao, also if you're reading this in the future, I wrote this in quarantine during Corona lmao.