Prologue

I arrived at the headquarters, the front doors were a threatening sign to anyone as they were embroiled with gold specs and silver dust. I opened them and walked to the woman who sat at the computer, she was the receptionist for the legends.

'Name and legend name.' She said in a monotone, and I looked at her, she looked up. 'Steven, and my legend name is Renegade.' I said and she smiled, 'Oh, your Renegade! Big fan.' She said in the same monotone, and I smiled and walked towards the elevator that would take me up to the floor the legends were located on.

'Ah, you must the new recruit. I'm Anita, codename Banaglore.' A black lady walked into the elevator with me, she had curly, stuck up black hair and wore her in-ring gear. 'Yeah, I'm Renegade, nice to meet you!' I said and she nodded at me, we then stayed silent until it reached the floor.

I walked out to a short hallway, then into a lounge area which the door was open too. I walked in and saw a simulacrum in the corner, a blonde haired woman sat on the couch and opposite her sat a man with a drone which he was modifying. 'Hi everyone, I'm Renegade. I'm the new legend!' I said excitedly as the slowly took notice of me.

'Welcome, I'm Crypto.'

'I'm Revenant. Watch your back.'

'Hi! I'm Natalie!' I heard the cheerful french accent of Natalie chirp from the couch, then she went silent and slumped over. I wondered if I had done something wrong as they all looked down and sad. I walked down the hallway to my room and started unpacking my small bag, and looked around. I had a black room, which housed some personal belongings and furniture I had got to be bought with me.

I lay on my bed as I wondered what I had done wrong, and why the legends all seemed to be down.