Part 17: A strange, new world

(Octane POV)

'ELLIOT!' I yelled as I walked into the derelict bar, only a solemn man sitting over a drink. He looked over and waved at me, I realised it was Elliot and my annoyance soon turned to worry.

'What's wrong compadre?'

'Oh nothing, I sent all of Ramya's stuff to the rocket and she's extremely pissed, oh and I called Renee a trainwreck and she also hates me now.'

'Oh amigo, why didn't you tell anyone?'

'You've been busy with Natalie!'

I looked at him, and put my arm round him. He got his MRVN bartender to grab me a vodka, I took the shot happily and my throat slightly burned.

'You seen the letter then?'

'Yep, Octavio I don't want to go to Olympus..'

'You think I do, Elliot? I might have to see my father again.,'

We sat in silence, continously drinking our feelings away despite the time and what was occuring the next day. Elliot sat and stared continuously at the wall ahead of him, the MRVN paced back and forth between me and Elliot as he grabbed continuous shots.

My drunken haze didn't feel my phone vibrate, as I saw Natalie walk into the bar, her face red with anger.

'OCTAVIO? I've been worried sick, why didn't you pick up the phone?'

'I didn't even know you called senorita! I haven't been gone that long.'

'Octy, you've been gone for 3 hours! I came looking for you, so did Che..'

'Silva your a dead man.' She yelled as she walked through the door, in my drunken haze I looked to Elliot and burst out laughing. He just looked at me for a second, and then he himself started laughing.

'What's so funny you two?'

'They're drunk Nat, we need to get them over themselves!' Che said as she came behind us and smacked us both on the head.

'MRVN, get us some coffee.' She beckoned as the MRVN did as she requested, my head rang as it handed us the coffee. Che made us drink it all and then she got us up, waiting for us to gain our footing, then we walked out of the bar.

Elliot locked up and we walked towards the headquarters, knowing what was coming, I braced myself.

We walked in, and straight up to the old corridor of rooms and lounge area.

They were all there.. either stood around the kitchen area or sat down in the lounge. I instantly saw Nox, leant against the wall, not talking to anyone. I then saw Tae, talking to Bloodhound and Makoa.

Slowly I stepped next to Revenant, who looked towards me and slightly laughed, 'It's been a long time, skin suit.'

I started catching up with people, and slowly settling back into the whole Apex games status. I went over to Natalie, who sat on a sofa on her own, facing out towards the photo on the wall.

I sat behind her, putting my arm around her shoulder and letting her rest her head.

'Senorita.. are you ready for tomorrow?'

'I'm all packed.. and I packed some stuff for you, it's already on the rocket! I'm excited Octy.'

'So am I, Mi Amo.'

'So.. we go tomorrow? To your homeplace?'

'Yep.. I might actually see my father and mother again.. and I don't want to.'

'What will you do if you see them though Octy? You can't ignore them!'

'Yeah I can, Mi Amo, watch me.'