Part 12

I held Ajay tightly still, we had been stood still for a good Five minutes. She had began to lighten up, and stopped crying, however when I tried to let go she held on tighter.

'Renegade, ya gotta promise me somethin..' She spoke quietly, as if she didn't want anyone to hear her. Her voice was weak and cracking from her crying so much.

'What do you want me to do, Ajay?'

'Find Michael... He took my best friend away.' She spoke and her voice cracked as she started to weep again. I stroked my hand through her hair, which she had down on rare occasions.

After a while, she stopped crying and let go, I did too and she smiled at me. 'Thank ya Steven.' She spoke, and I smiled, then she walked towards the door to go back inside. I followed and walked with her back to the lounge area.

Ramya had now sat down with the others, she decided to stay at the bar with Witt and set up her new modification shop. I sat down next to her and AJay went over to the area next to the kitchen.

'So, everyone seems to be in, everyone except Dr Nox obviously.'

'So how do we do this then Ramya?' I asked, half enthusiastically.

'Well, Caustic planned to meet up with us at a restuarant that would coincidentally have Michael and his friends outside, they'd kidnap us, some of us for the first time and some of us again. Then the amount of us that didn't go would use our phones to track our location, bust in, kill some plonkers and jobs a goodun.'

We all blankly starred at Ramya, and she put her thumbs up, then sideways, then down. I put mine sideways and waited for the rest of their reactions, most of which was a thumbs up. Natalie walked through the door during this moment, and she simply looked around.

'What did I miss?' She asked intriguingly, and we all looked over to her and then Ramya.

'The plan to get your boyfriends killer!' Ramya announced, way too enthusiastically.

Natalie nodded, and clenched her fists, then walked down the hall to her room. Renee got up as I did, she shook her head towards me, 'I got her,' she said and I smiled. 'Cool but I'm going to my room.. I got something to sort if this is happening tonight.' I looked then to Ramya and she nodded, I walked down the hall to my room.

I walked through the door, leaving it slightly open as I walked over to my wardrobe and grabbed my suit out, then grabbed my arena gear out. I set it down on my bed and looke, I didn't know which to wear as when the legends went to eat they sometimes wore either.

Knock Knock, I heard at the door, I stood for a moment and then went over to open it.

Ajay stood, holding her hands together in a slight awkward motion, I gestured for her to come in and she accepted. She looked at the two suits on the bed and laughed, 'Ya know, we don't always have to wear our arena outfits.' She said and I laughed, walking to stand next to her as I grabbed my arena suit and put it back in my wardrobe, she sat on my bed, next to my formal suit.

I looked back at her, she was avoiding looking towards me as much as she could. 'Ajay? You alright?' I asked, and she looked to me, starring into my eyes. I felt like I knew what was happening, however I didn't know if my instincts were true. I went over and sat next to her, hoping she would say something. 'I could be betta, but I'll be okay.' She said, and I looked back at her, 'I need to get ready, we have to go soon.' She said and she got up to go.

'Ajay, wait,' I said, as I grabbed her hand. She turned round and looked down at our hands, now intertwined. She smiled, and I smiled back. 'You know, once this is all over... You wanna grab something to eat?' I asked, awkwardly and she laughed slightly, 'If that's ya way of asking me out on a date, then yeah.' She said, still laughing, and I laughed too.

I let go of her hand and she went out of my room, I took off my clothes and got into my suit, putting deoderant and aftershave on. I looked in the mirror, my stubble slightly showing. I smiled at myself and walked out of my room and down the hallway to the lounge area. Nox was sat there, with Crypto and Makoa, I sat down next to Makoa on the barstools on the kitchen counter.

'Are you ready?' I asked.

'Ready as I'll ever be brotha.'