Part 18: Olympus Awaits

(Natalie POV)

Octavio looked at me with the same eyes he gave me at the altar. We had finally arrived at the Olympus headquarters four hours prior, and me and him stood overlooking the sights of the new place we had to call home for the time being. The arena was a bit away, not long by ship.

Me and Octavio stood for a while, holding each other closely.

'You know, Natalie, I didn't think after our first day here, it would have been such a disaster.'

'Oh Octy, it hasn't been that bad!'

'Natalie, Rev already nearly killed someone, he's been toying with Loba all day too. Tae and Nox had a massive fall out over you, Makoa and Che made up after a week of falling out.'

'Well yes... but we're okay!'

'That's a good point Nat..'

I kissed him and he pulled me closer, till our bodies were as close as they could be. We stopped and looked to each other's eyes, and smiled.

We let go and went back into the one floor apartment building that all of us lived on, including the new Legend, Horizon. They all sat in the new lounge area, except Nox, who hopefully had permanently disappeared.

(Octavio POV)

I sat next to Che, who was in a conversation with Makoa. Looking around, the legends seemed to be mutual with each other for the most part, or at least keeping they're feelings to themselves.

Most of us were silent however, as we didn't expect any conversation. After the year or so apart, I thought all of us would love to catch up.. at least with me and Nat but everyone kind of avoided each other.

I grabbed Elliot, and pulled him down the corridor.

'What happened? Why has everyone fallen out amigo?'

'The thing with Nox drove everyone apart.. some people agreed he was wrong and didn't deserve another chance, a select Two people thought he deserved one more chance... then Loba happened, she began a fight between Tae and Nox... all over Natalie, trying to prove which one cared more... and Tae punched Nox and told him if he really cared then he wouldn't have tried to kill you... it's all gone to hell Octavio'

'Oh hermano.. is there anything we can do?'

'I don't think so Octavio... this time it might be it for the family..'

(Time skip)

I sat, in my shared room with Natalie, specially requested for us as we were now married. Taking a year out of the games after we were married was good, even though the games had been cancelled during the whole year... it felt right to be back in the games.

Natalie had gone out for a while, and I sat pondering what had happened. First we still took part in the games after we got married, taking our rings off before we went into the matches. Then Kings canyon got destroyed, singhi and the tech inside was being covered up by syndicate and it blew up, taking capacitor and swamps with it...

The games then got indefinitely postponed until we got the letter, then one thing led to the other and now we were in Olympus, getting ready for the first match of the season tomorrow.

I looked at my phone, Elliot wanted to meet me in a local bar... I declined and kept looking towards the window.

I had just sat all day, not knowing what to do or say to anyone after our first awkward meeting after the year off.

I decided to leave the room and go to the kitchen, to grab something to eat.

The only person in there was Nox, and I decided to walk in there anyway, grab food from the fridge and leave. He stood in front of me as I went to leave.

'I apologise,'

'For what? Trying to kill me? Not that easy amigo, don't even try and apologise.'

'I'm sorry for what I had to do. But it won't happen anymore. I must focus on science and bettering the scientific studies I carry out.'

'Alright Nox, whatever you say.'

I walked away with my food, rethinking my decision on him... maybe he did deserve one last chance, but after what he did I could never forgive him.

(Caustic PoV)

'Is it done? Are you making friends with him?'

'Yes Blisk, what do you want us to do,' I looked at Ash as I said this, who simply stood looking back at me.

'His respawn will be off tomorrow, if he dies, he dies. That's when you and the newest legend to join other than horizon, Ash, come into play.'

'Copy that Blisk.'