Chapter 2: The First Game

I decided my best bet would be Elliot, he seemed to take a liking to me as he wanted to show me around and if we continued to talk maybe I would be able to find out why everyone was so down.

I walked out of my room and approached him, he sat on the sofa next to Renee, and he had his arm round her. 'Oh newbie, first games in 20 minutes.' I stood, looking at him with a face no words could describe. 'But I haven't even trained yet?! I thought it wasn't until tomorrow?' I said as I looked at the time, midday, and I looked back at him. The dropship voice spoke over the speakers throughout the Headquarters, 'We have a special ring today! You are all in a singular ring around a new destination!' We all looked at each other, even I knew this is something  unheard of in the games.

We went into the dropship and I was sat next to Elliot, he looked over to the entrance as a tall figure stood, decked in a mechanist looking outfit. The figure sported a mini gun in her hands and instantly went over to a bench and started working on the gun she had. We all slowly gathered around her as she worked, she finished and locked the bullets into place, then looked up to Bangalore and Gibraltar. 'Right, Sheila and I are ready to dance. Are you?' And Elliot looked back at her, 'Yeah I can dance! Wait.. who's Sheila?' She laughed and slapped her gun.

The drop commenced as Witt grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the edge, we were placed in squads and me, him and Wraith were in a team. The ring we had was around dome and the new area, a rocket that appeared to be made by Hammond, judging by the Hammond logo on the side.

We landed and I grabbed a spitfire, a extended mag and an alternator. I grabbed a body shield and some ammo and ran out of the building as I heard Witt say he was engaging Gibraltar. I ran over and saw Witt shooting towards Gibraltar. I ran in, and watched as a sonar filled the sky. Gibraltar clotheslined me and I fell to the floor, releasing the grenade from my hand, it blew Mirage up and he got knocked down. Gibraltar got shot in the back by Wraith as she got me up, then I ran to Mirage and got him up. He shot up and slapped me, then we moved forward towards the collection of buildings on the south side of the Rocket.

We saw a bullet shower from the roof of one of the buildings, I watched as Revenant fell and Bangalore started shooting us through cover. 'MIRAGE?! HOW IS SHE SHOOTING THROUGH THAT COVER?!' I heard Wraith yell as Mirage shrugged, 'How would I know?!' They started bickering as I stood, waiting to use my tactical. I cloaked as Elliot looked around, 'Hey, where did Renegade go?!' I heard as I snuck off towards the turret that was bullet spraying at everyone it saw, then I saw her, Loba. I ran towards her and uncloaked, tackling her to the ground and punching her, she tried to swing at me but I shoved her arm away and delivered another punch. 'Get... OFF ME!' She yelled as she pushed me off and got up, looking over me as she kicked me.

She kicked me a few times as she threw the occasional punch, I saw Elliot in the distance as he started moving forward. I looked up at Loba, who was about to throw another punch. 'Do it..' I squeezed out as I started to pass out.

The rest was a blur, Elliot ran over and killed Loba, then he tried to revive me but failed. I got respawned at the end of the match as Elliot ran over to me. 'Are you okay Renegade?!' He asked, half panicked and half anxious. I simply nodded and set my eyes on Loba, she boarded the dropship that would take us back to the headquarters. 'OI, LOBA!' I yelled and it caught her attention, she turned and sighed, 'Oh what's wrong? Man of the hour lost his status?' She teased and I grabbed her by the arm and twisted it, until she was on the floor and I was holding her arm behind her. 'Don't mess with me.' I said to her as I let her go, she just walked away.

'Oh, your a feisty one.' I heard a voice from behind me say, and I turned, there stood the newest legend, joining with me.

'Rampart.'