Chapter 3: The First Hurdle

'Ramya?!' I heard Bangalore say as she walked towards the woman in front of me. 'Hang on, you know this chick?' I asked, and Bangalore nodded, looking towards Ramya. 'Me and Anita go back a long way, so do us and Makoa.'

I started to walk away, realising that I had a lot more enemies here than I had friends, the only person I could trust was Witt. I had to talk to him.

I grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the back of the Dropship. 'Hey! Get off me!' I heard him say as he started swiping at my arm, I looked back at him and he started walking along side me, 'what's this about Renegade?' He said and I sighed. 'I know too many people here already, first Loba, now Ramya?! I know I can trust you, so, I need your help.' He nodded, ensuring that I could trust him fully, he told me to wait till we were back at the headquarters then we would talk, and he would get anyone he could together.

(Time skip: 2Hours)

We arrived back at the headquarters, and I instantly went inside and straight up to my room, I made no eye contact with anyone. I lay on my bed for what seemed like hours, yet only minutes passed. I kept waiting until I saw a piece of paper slipped under my door.

All legends, meet me at the bar, it's important.

Mirage. And don't bring anyone else.. unless they're single!

I laughed at the ending and then went into my wardrobe, grabbing something that looked half presentable. I then walked out, adjusting my cuffs as Ramya walked out of her room, she stared into my eyes and then laughed. 'You really think I still hold a grudge? It's not me you have to worry about! It's that Andrade.' She then walked down the hallway and I followed, not closely, and we walked out of the complex. 'Lock the door, we're the last ones to leave.'

I did so and we walked to Elliots bar, as I walked in I noticed the abundance of people, some eyed me or Ramya up, others continued to drink themselves away. We continued to the back room, where I assumed we would be meeting.

I walked in and Mirage stood at the front, next to a workbench of some kind. Next to him stood Renee and Crypto. 'I thought we said never again?! No matter who or what it was? Loba almost killed Natalie, and she did end up...' Renee cut herself off as everyone turned to me and Ramya.

'I guess we joined at an awkward time for the games. But we need your help, specifically me. Now I know some people in this room don't like me, and some of you may even hate me, but this isn't only for me.'

I heard a scoff from the back of the room as Loba stood, sniggering back at us. 'Got a problem, Andrade?' I heard a deep, sinister voice say, as Caustic stepped forward from the sides of the room.

'No, Nox, step back. I have a problem with him, and her.' She pointed at me and Ramya, and in a split second she ran forward and punched me in the face.

'You both need to pay for what you did to me, what you did to them! "Renegade" that's what you call yourself Steven?! You were meant to protect my parents from everything and you didn't! YOU FAILED!'

The room fell silent, and she looked down at me, as Revenant walked next to her. 'And failed you did. Thank you, for working with me that day Renegade. How does it feel? Being the second oldest in the room?'