Part 9: The Killer

Natalie walked down the hallway, wearing a bright red dress, I walked out of my room at the end and saw her. I couldn't help but wonder why she put herself out of the way so much, I guess I never really asked. I walked down in the tuxedo I had been told to wear by Elliot, and he walked out in his usual bar clothes. I watched closely as Caustic walked in, adjusting his gloves on his hands, looking at me and Natalie.

'Where are you two going?' He asked, and I smiled at him, 'Just out, don't need your permission do we Doctor?' I asked and he scoffed and started to walk away, saying something under his breath.

Ramya and Loba then walked down the hall and sat across from us, she looked about as happy as she could be. 'I hope your happy, I had to blow off a date in order to do this.' She stated, then Elliot walked down and we set to go.

We left quickly as the bar didn't open for another half an hour, and their meeting wasn't for another hour. So we proceeded to the bar, and once we got there we started working on how we were going to listen in on the conversation.

'Bug the table!'

'How do we know which table they will be sat at Natalie?'

'We don't Elliot, so we bug every table except the ones where Ramya and Loba will be sat, and where me and Steven will be sat!'

'Okay, I'll get on that, I should have some in my back room.'

'You mean our backroom, roomie.'

We then waited for Elliot and Ramya to bug the tables using all kinds of microphones and such, until it was all set.

'Now all we need to do is seat them away from us, I advice they go on the right side of the bar, then we go on the left and at the back.'

'Good idea Steven, I'll do that when they walk in.'

And so we waited, and the bar got progressively full, until we saw a man walk in with a long coat on, he also wore jeans with specks of blue and denim on them.

'That's him,' I heard Natalie say to me, and I nodded then turned towards her. We were seated in a booth on the left, directly across from where Elliots MRVN units had seated him.

'It's okay Nat, we'll get him eventually, just not now. Okay?'

'Okay, I'll hold you to that Steven,'

'Then hold me to it, I want him dead as much as you guys do.'

And with that, we ordered drinks and started talking to each other, Elliot recorded the entire conversation between Caustic and Micheal through the Microphone under their table.

(Time skip: 3 hours)

We sat in the back room, where Ramya had seemed to have set up her new weapons workshop. We listened in on their conversation.

Give me a run down of Renegade then.

Should be an easy enough target Micheal, he doesn't seem that skilled with his kills, he's very easy to pick off. But his gear does give him a cloak ability, and his ultimate in the arena makes him somewhat immune to bullet fire for a short amount of time. You'll need to get in close to do this, and I know how you can.

Continue, Dr.

Well, he seems close to Paquette, every time anyone says anything.. rude about him and she's around she defends him. You also still need to finish Andrade, she is still a threat to the Syndicate.

Why do you do this Dr?

For my freedom, I haven't been back to Gaea in a long time.

And you'd work for the Syndicate to do that?

If you had the choice you would, I'm also doing this for the sake of the games, and for Mrs Paquette, I made a promise to her father a long time ago.

What was that promise Dr?

To make sure she stays on the course of Scientific study.

A/N

I uploaded this quite early as I won't have time the rest of the day to upload it!