Part 19: Deaths door

(Octane POV)

I walked back to my room, realising that I had forgotten the ketchup I wanted on my food. I walked back over towards the kitchen where I found Nox, still stood there, this time he had his hand on his ear.

I ignored it and grabbed the sauce, I heard his last sentence though.

'Copy that Blisk,' he said, and I froze, looking over at him.

He turned around and saw me stood there, his face went pale.

'Octavio, how long have you been stood there?'

'Long enough Nox, why are you talking to Blisk through an earpiece?'

'I'm not, I did not say Blisk, I said disk. He is one of my coworkers, I am working on a new type of gas for the games, if you must know.'

'Right.. okay, sure.. whatever you say Nox.'

I walked back to my room, rethinking his words, then it hit me. We had a game today! I rushed around, eating every so often as I ate overtime.

Natalie walked in and I accidentally ran into her, she fell over with a scream and I looked down at her.

'Sorry Naty.. we have our first game in a year today!'

'I know Octy.. but can you calm down a little, that hurt.'

'I'm sorry chica..' I grabbed her hand and helped her up, kissing her as she steadied herself.

'It's okay.. I need to get ready too, do you know where my Arena gear is?' She asked and I pointed towards her wardrobe.

She put her Arena gear on and stood next to me in the mirror we shared, I took my phone out and we took a photo together, to commemorate our first game back.

(Time skip: 2 hours)

We boarded the dropship, all of us warming up for our first match back. No one talked, other than Ajay, Makoa, me and Natalie.

'I don't like this brothas,'

'What don't you like Makoa?'

'The legends being at each other's throats Nat, it's not like us.. we're supposed to be family brothas..'

'I know amigo, we'll reunite them at some point.. we have to.'

'How do ya suggest that Silva, being as your the king of good ideas?!' She stated with a sarcastic smile on her face, I looked at her and laughed.

'Hey che, I always had better ideas than you, I was more fun to be around too!'

'Alright you two stop bickering.. how do we reunite our family?'

'Me, Makoa... they'll all listen to me.. they always have,' Natalie stated, and we looked at her, she had a small smile on her face. I realised that the legends were fond of Natalie, they all shared the same love for her... they thought of her as a little sister.

All those times she had helped them, and helped me. She was really the one who brought us all together.

'Then do it Naty, we believe in you..'

'Thank you, Octy,'

Squads are:

Team 1: Gibraltar, Bangalore and Revenant
Team 2: Loba, Lifeline and Horizon
Team 3: Octane and Wattson
Team 4: Mirage, Wraith and Rampart
Team 5: Crypto and Pathfinder
Team 6: Caustic and Ash.

I looked at Natalie and my face went white, so did hers. We watched as Caustic got ready with Ash, fully repaired.

Natalie didn't like this, it was obvious from the look on her face.

She checked her gear over.

'We are in for a tough match,'

'I know Naty,'

'We got this though Octy,'

'I know we have.'