Chapter 5 Stockholm syndrome

I find myself in front of the guy and the girl from last night, Dimitri's friends, and another man, older than all of us. His hair is gray, but his face has no wrinkles and his body looks powerful. Dimitri told me he is their boss and considering how they all 3 look at him with a mix of love and respect I know immediately they share a long history together.

-Anays, the man says, my name is Raze and I am the general of the warriors in Sonos. Nice to meet you, he says extending his arm and instinctively I pull back and Dimitri, who stays so close to me that our shoulders touch, puts his hand on my back.

-Anays doesn't like to be touched by man, he says like is the most normal thing in the world.

-She doesn't seem to have a problem with you touching her, the girl says mocking me. She's not just a witch she's also a bitch.

-Shout the fuck up, Dara! Dimitri snaps next to me, shocking me when he raises his voice and scaring me.

He sees my reaction and start to run his hand along my back trying to calm me down. He goes on with a neutral voice.

-Mind your own business, Dara, and try to be nice with her or I'll make you.

-Go to hell, D! she says. You don't fucking know her, why the hell would you keep her alive? Because she was scared of you and had a panic attack? For fuck's sake she is a witch! Her kind killed your parent, my parent and all our friends!

-What? I say turning to face Dimitri. Your family was murdered by my... my family, basically?

-They are not your family, Anays, Raze tells me.

-But my parents were witches too, right? I've read enough fantasy books to know at least that...

Everyone in the room starts to lough and I tens not understanding what have I said funny enough to make them react like that.

-Your fantasy books are wrong, Dimitri says putting enough pressure on my back to help me relax. You are not a witch, but a starwitch, your parents were humans, but their union was so unique that made you.

-You see, Raze carry on, based on my research I found out that a starwitch is born from a union of two people with unique genes and if they love each other enough they will have a starwitch, a very good and very powerful one. But if they hate each other the starwitch is going to be evil as the devil himself. So, Anays, did your parents loved each other or not?

-I don't know! I confess feeling like I would get sick. I didn't... I was...

Dimitri holds a file in his hand and gives it to Raze, then he looks at me and says 'sorry' but I am the only one who hears him.

-She doesn't remember her parents, she was 3 when they died and she lived in an orphanage since than. She is now a student at the University of Sonos, and works as a waitress at Atmosphere. She lives with another girl, Cyra Watson, her best friend and our biggest problem if we keep her.

Wait what? I am shocked that this people know everything about me, but I am more concern with how he called Cyra their biggest problem. Oh my God, what if they will kill her? What if he just pretended to help me to get more information from me and kill my friend?!

I put some distance between me and him, looking with what I hope is a angry as hell kind of face. If they will hurt her, I don't care how but I will find a way to make them pay.

-Calm down, miss Anays, Raze says. We are not going to hurt your friend.

-Ooh! I say remembering feeling relieved. Sorry! I look at Dimitri while I say this but he doesn't look at me.