Chapter 17 King and Queen

*It's a very long one. Hope you don't mind. 

The rest of the trip they don't say a word, Josh speaks with Raze and Dimitri just caresses me as I still pretend to be passed out.

Still don't get it! I say through the bond. Am I really that strong?

Yes, you are.

But how do you know? How can you tell?

Look, I told you I talked with a witch that I trust to train you. Her name is Chloe and she said she will be on town in 2-3 months, this was long so I asked her to tell me what she knows about starwitches.

And why didn't you tell me about it? I ask feeling betrayed. Why would you keep something like that from me? You know how much I want to know who I am!

Because you didn't know what to do about your powers and I didn't want to pressure you into anything. Plus, you know who you are, Anays, stop saying that you don't. You are you, nothing changed, you are still the same woman: smart, carring, loving, beautiful...

What did she told you? I ask wanting to change the subject. I don't like receiving compliments, it makes me blush.

You should get used to, Dimitri says about the compliments. That part wasn't meant for him to hear. I can hear everything, leelen... She told me that witches powers have a limited amount of raw power, think about it as a water tank, they can use only as much as they have in the tank.

-Raw powers is what is called in your books 'blood powers'? I ask remembering what I've read.

Exactly! Well this blood powers are the one allowing you to simply want things, no need for spells or incantations. You picture something in your mind and you can do it, that's exactly how wariors with physical abilities use theirs.

The one who can set things on fire, make it rain, move things. Got it. That's how you knew that I should picture the helicopters in fire.

Indeed. She also told me that most of the witches don't even have blood powers anymore, they only uses the 'words power', she called it, spells, incantations, summoning, sucking the power out of humans...

And she told you I should only have a little blood power or even at all, right? And you told this to Raze... I say and I saw the answer through the bond itself.

There were Raze and Dimitri when O was training with Dara, Raze was telling Dimitri that he will send some warriors to steal from the witches some spell books so I can learn how to use my powers before getting them. That I am a valuable weapon in their hands.

She's not a fuckin weapon, Raze! Anger was glowing in his eyes.

Think with your head, sun. Not with your fucking dick!

Dimitri's hand connects with Raze's jaw and sends him in the opposite wall. Dimitri is pinning Raze in the wall in a second, his hand wrapped around his throat.

You are talking about my leelen! No so fucking girl I've met in one bar! I will not tolerate you talking like that about her. Are we clear, Raze?

What the hell happened to you? You now have what morals? We used everyone to kill the witches, man, woman, children, no exceptions. What the fuck is wrong with you now? Do you want your parents assassin's to live?

We will kill them, nothing changed, we do what we have to do. But Anays ks out of discussion, she will not be used like a weapon... if she wants to join us, she will, if she wants to stay out of it, she will.