Chapter 23 Hell

That's when the hell broke loose. 

The noise of helicopters destroyed the cheerings of our guests and the sky turned black and gray, that's how many they were. They started to shoot in an instant and everyone's screams filled my head, I saw blood on the white carpet and people whose names I don't know laying there. My tears started to run down my cheeks instantly and I could not understand what just happened. Wasn't this our happy day? Weren't all this people cheering as just moments ago? This has to be a dream, I have another one of my nightmares. 

-Take shelter! 

-The witches and the warriors! Run!

I can hear their voices, I can hear them through the noise of helicopters and shoots, I can, but my brain can't  process what is just happening. Everyone around us is running, trying to take shelter, I know I should to the same, but I can't move my legs. I can't take my eyes from the bodies in front of me, the blood... Oh, so much blood that the beautiful white carpet is now red, soaked in blood.

-Anays! Anays we have to run! Baby, come with me! Dimitri is trying to pull me somewhere but I can't move, I can't even look at him. 

-Protect the Queen and King! Protect them with your life! someone shouts from behind me and I can recognize Josh voice. 

In an instant the survivors that are left make a circle around me and Dimitri, but the shouting doesn't stop. Round and round of bullets are shooted in our direction and one by one the people trying to protect us fall down. More blood. More and more blood. 

No, this people don't know us. I don't even know them, why are they dying for us? Why aren't they running to save themselves? 

-To the King and Queen of the New world! a man shouts as bullets go into his chest and falls down. 

I am not your Queen! You are dying for the wrong person! 

I want to shout that to everyone but I can't. I am too terrified of what I see, of what is happening, of how much death is happening on a day that was supposed to be about love.  

Some grabs my face, forcing me to look into beautiful green eyes, I look into them and I want to get lost there, I want to escape this nightmare and run into the forest of those eyes.

-My love, please! Please, come back to me! Anays, that's not a nightmare, leelen! That's not a nightmare, we are going to die if you don't come back.

I know that voice, I know it... It's a voice I love, a voice that calms me down, the voice that made all the nightmares go away and all of the monsters disappear. 

-That's right, leelen! Follow my voice, follow my voice, Anays. Come back to me, my love! 

Slowly into my vision comes his beautiful eyes, his dark hair, his full lips, his well trimmed beard, his muscular body. I can see blood on his white suite, I can see blood on his hands and on his white cheeks. Tears wash off the blood of his face. 

-Dimitri! I say finally able to process what's happening. We are attacked.

-Yes, and they are not holding on for too long. Anca's powers will drain, we need to fight back, my leelen. 

Anca's powers... I turn and see Josh holding her, her hands lift up to the sky and an invisible electric shield covering us. She seems paler than usual, her dress covered in blood and tears falling on her cheeks. Josh yells orders around him and screams at Dmitri to do something or we all dead. 

That's when something catches my eye, a man and a woman followed by at least 50 others approaching us. I can't control my rage when I realize the man standing in front of me is the same that went through my head a few weeks back when everything started, the same that gave me books and advices about how to discover who I really am.