Chapter 6 Confessions

I am home! And even if the last hours of my life were a mess in the moment I see my home I feel better. I feel safer. Even if Dimitri is standing close to me, keeping one hand touching my body at any time afraid I might fall. But my feet is better now, whatever the doctor from Raze's home... or whatver did, he made the pain go away. I can't say I don't like his touch, but it keeps my brain from functioning correctly.
I don't understand what it is happening to me, why am I attracted to him like that? A few hours ago I thought he would kill me and except helping me to get home he didn't do prove he will not hurt me again. I mean he was sweet after I wake up and all, but last night there was nothing sweet in him about me.

He thought you were a monster! A monster like the ones who killed his family, his friends...I remind myself. And then it hits me, what if I really am a monster?

-I would love to have Josh's ability right now, he says looking into my eyes. Penny for a thought? he says smiling.

-I need to call, Cyra. I disappeared last night and I want to just hear her voice and know she's safe.

-Sure, he says handing me my phone from the living room table. She's fine though, she's with Ivan, one of our best warriors.

-What?! I ask in shock. You put him to date her? he laughs.

-Of course I didn't, he genuinely likes her. That's why we were at the club so he could meet with her, after finding you and reading your file, I've called and just ask him to keep her busy. He was happy to do it.

-Unbelievable! If something happened to her...

-Call her, he says smiling. 

And I do it. She answers the phone just before I hang up and talks with  her sleepy voice.

-Hey, A! Sorry for not coming home, she says, but after you told me you're fine I thought you wouldn't mind if I'll sleep over at Ivan's place.

So Dimitri texted her... 

-No worries, C! Just wanted to know if you're alright and when are you coming home. 

-I'll come tomorrow, if that's ok with you? she asks. Ivan wanted me to spend my free weekend with him.

-Of course it's fine, I tell her. I'll just... I'll just enjoy my free weekend finishing that book series I've just bought. 

-Thank, love! I have to go, talk to you tomorrow.

I hang up and look at Dimitri smiling and standing in my kitchen. He looks cute when he smiles, it makes him look younger, playful and, yes, sexy. He always looks sexy, even when he was trying to kill me I couldn't stop thinking how hot he is.

-Do you want a cup of coffee? I say going into the kitchen.

-Yes, sure... Anays, he says following me, I am sorry you go through this. I... I want you to know that you are not alone, I am here with you and I don't plan to live you...

-You literally can't, you have to stay all the time 2 meters from me. Raze words...

-It's not what I mean... I know Raze's conditions where... well, having me always around and being forced to sleep with... in the same room with me it must not be easy for you...

-You have no idea! I say feeling angry with him, with Raze, with myself.

-... but, he goes on, I am here only to protect you, I will not touch you in any way if you.... if you don't want me to.

He takes his hand from my back, the first time he is not touching me since we left his home. I would like to say it feels better, but it doesn't, it makes me feel cold and alone.