Eighteen. Darkened time travel.

Listen to "Long Way Down" - Tom Odell

Without another word being said Harry laughed loudly, letting a boyish smile come across his features as he jumped into the water. 

I stood dumbfounded, watching him resurface in the glistening pool and shouting a list of profanity's on how the water was, "fûcking freezing". 

An extremely booming laugh rumbled from my chest,  it echoing around the slight v-shaped valley that framed the landscape. I smacked my hand over my mouth, letting a few stray giggles flow past my lips.

I'd never seen Harry look at me so intensely in that moment, making the slight hiccups of laughter die down in my throat and reciprocate the same look back at him. 

He had droplets of water gathering on his dark eyelashes, and he slowly blinked them away whilst sweeping his hair back from his face- the curls slick and slightly straighter now. 

He was breathtaking, and like a moth drawn to light I found myself removing my socks and shoes, before stripping to just my oversized T-shirt and wading into the water from the shallow end.

There was that familiar magnetic force pulling me to him again, but I just went limp like a rag doll and let the pull shamelessly do it's work.

Once I was in front of him I averted my eyes from his surprised stare, and I could tell he sensed to just go with whatever I was doing. 

I heard his breath catch in his throat as I half stepped half swam towards him, grateful he grabbed my hips to keep me above water, but the feeling of the pads of his fingers digging into my waist didn't help my composure.

His slightly water-covered eyebrows frowned in confusion at my confidence, but I didn't think I was being confident at all.

I know what it looked like, but this was just me being the person he let me be in the short time I've known him. And I know it was too soon to allow myself to think he had already affected me like that, but he had.

"What are you doing Angel?" He whispered quietly, his eyes flicking back and forth drinking in all the details of my face. His guard was down, I could feel it.

It's like being in a box, the walls had forever been stacks of brick, cemented into layers around you and obstructing your view. But then suddenly that brick turns to glass, and you can see the outside world for that faltering moment. But even though that glass can be shattered at any second, you don't hesitate to press your face against it eagerly like a child arriving to a theme park, trying to commit every single sight to memory.

And right now all those sights were of Harry. I didn't know what to think when the brick wall dropped from his irises, but when it did I sucked in a sharp breath.

I just saw pain.

He knew I could see it, he just simply brought me closer and hushed my rising words- silently telling me to be okay with all the swirls of emotions around us.

Harry's thumb brushed my bottom lip, pulling it from between my teeth then grasping my jaw tightly. I placed my palms to his warm chest, ignoring the icy water that pricked at my skin and instead relishing in Harry's closeness- both physically and emotionally.

He leant closer and I heard his breath catch in his throat, he swallowed and shut his eyes like something was physically hurting him, wincing like he was wounded. His breathing picked up and his tanned chest rose and fell rapidly as he held my face in his now loosening grip.

"Do you know how badly I want to kiss you right now?" He hushed gently, his eyes still squeezed shut in what looked like fear.

A million single thoughts ran through my brain, swirling round and round in a blur but I could only decipher one sentence, it clear amongst the havoc and chaos in my head.