Sixteen. Baby.

Play " Best part (feat HER)"

The next few days were a blur, I didn't go to classes and the only thing that brought a smile to my face was the occasional text from Harry, asking if I was okay.

There was a storm coming today, the kind that you can sense in the air before it arrives, the kind that gives you a dull headache because the air is too dense to comprehend.

I had one of those headaches, my brain felt clouded with foreshadowing of some sort, but I didn't know why.

Apart from Mr Mavis, something I have been trying to shake myself away from the last few days, everything has been normal. Blueish, mellowed normal. But it was just today I didn't like, maybe because there was no rain with the lightning, or maybe because I missed Harry.

I know I shouldn't but I do, and no matter how many sketches I draw they always end up having a little part of him in the pencilled lines.

Sighing gently I walk to the bathroom, running the shower and laying out a fluffy towel for afterwards. I strip out of my oversized tee and underwear before turning to the mirror that was so obviously sat next to me, begging to be looked into to feed its vanity.

I couldn't say the same for me however, I think I'm the furthest from vein a person could be. Looking into my reflection my body looks the same as it always has, I'm slim, my petite frame covered in a  canvas of milky white yet tanned skin.

I almost look angelic if it wasn't for the faint ripple of scars on my abdomen and arms, and I can't help but scoff at the idea.

Suddenly angered by the mirrored glass I practically storm into the shower, allowing the scorching water to burn and prick my skin until it's glowing a light red.

After a while I grew tired of the shower and having had enough of the hot water, I step out and immediately wrap a towel around my midsection, the slight frost in the approaching winter air nipping at any part of me it can access.

In the slight moment of quite, a harsh sound of knocking resonated through the shallow apartment making me freeze and whip my head to stare at the reflection I was tarnishing just twenty minutes ago.

I couldn't answer the door like this. My dampened hair hung limply round my face, the slight redness from the shower washed away by the pale complexion my sudden anxiety has just brought.

On top of that I was wearing a towel. Today didn't seem like the day to give one of my neighbours an eyeful, the baby pink piece of fabric wrapped round me was a tad to small for my body, but how was I supposed to know Mick from next door would probably need some sugar again.  It happened yesterday and yesterday I was a lot more prepared for visitors than right now.

I then opened the bathroom door so my voice could be heard. "Just one second Mick, I'll be with you in just a moment!" I called out politely before searching frantically for something to wear.

I chucked on the T-shirt I was wearing before I showered, before sliding on my underwear, hoping and praying he didn't realise this was not a night gown but in fact just a large tee.

I threw my still very wet hair behind my back, slightly cringing at the damp feeling spreading on to my skin through what was once dry clothes, before speed walking to the door.

I didn't hesitate before ripping the piece of wood open, the force almost unscrewing the hinges, and the moment I did I really really wished I hadn't.

There stood Harry, a boyish smile playing on his features as his piecing eyes shamelessly ran over my frame. I stood there dumbfounded, all that could be heard was the occasional drip on the floorboards from my still very wet hair and the slightest clearing of Harry's throat. Without showing any emotion of my face I stood to the side, silently welcoming him in with my eyes to floor and wondering if it was to late to go and die of embarrassment.