4

DJ's POV

After breakfast Skip asked me a ton of questions that I tried to answer with complete honestly, but some of the questions were difficult to answer. Being as I never really talked that much about myself. Or the fact that I didn't act like normal seventeen year olds.

It was whatever really. I got to ask him questions to and found out that my mom had loose morals back when he knew her too. I guess that's how I got to be here today.

Skip had joined the club when he was sixteen after he ran away from home. It was odd how alike our situations were. He had ran to family too since his older brother Dagger had been a part of the club before he was.

"So you're telling me that you think the Raiders are better than the Packers?" I ask and Skip nods.

I fake gag shaking my head.

"Nope. Nu uh you are so wrong." I say and Skip just laughs.

"You just got to admit defeat honey. Raiders all the way."

I giggle taking a drink of the glass of water in front of me.

"Agree to disagree on that one." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Fine, then who's your favorite basketball team?"

"WNBA or NBA?" I ask and he sighs.

"NBA."

"Boring but okay. I like the Lakers." He nods in respect.

"There we go. Something we agree on."

---------

"Yo Skipper! You in here?" Someone yells walking in and I see it's the president from last night.

He smiles at me as he drops down into a chair at the table.

"We haven't formally met, but I'm Jax I sorta half way run things around here." He leans over extending his hand.

I shake it.

"DJ, I'm sorta half way related to this guy." I gesture to Skip and Jax let's out a laugh.

"Funny kid. You sticking around?"

"Far as I know if that's alright with you."

Jax nods.

"Fine by me. Maybe you'd give Skippy here a sense of responsibility."

He pats Skips shoulder and dad rolls his eyes at his president.

"I'm forty five years old asshole. I have bills and shit just like you do."

"Say what you gotta say Skip." Jax says making me stifle a laugh.

Skip widens his eyes at me.

"You're supposed to be on my side kid."

I just smile and shrug. For as long I can remember it was me against the world. I don't take sides I just deal with the problems as they are dealt towards me.

"Anyways have you met my daughter?" Jax asks and I shake my head.

"No. I've only met a few boys, my cousin and you."

"Right, I forget you've only been here for a night. Her name is Sarah. She's your age." I nod.

How many kids around here were my age? It was a fork in the road with that fact too since I wasn't sure if I was thinking it was a good thing or a bad thing. I didn't get along with kids my age, and most of my "friends" back in Vegas were all older. I think my youngest friend was Danny and he was twenty.