10

"No!" I half yell covering my face ask Ryder continues to try and guess what I did for fun.

"I bet you did." He retorts.

How long was this lunch hour? Cause I've made a big mistake with how imaginative he is.

"I have not, nor have I ever thought, about getting cats drunk and making them race across the street."

Ryder sighs. "Fine. I'll go more genaric."

"I'm listening."

I lean my elbows on the white plastic lunch table waiting as he ponders. Seriously this dude was odd as hell. But I'm here for it since he was funny.

"Ever drag race?" Finally he was getting somewhere.

"Sure." I answer and his face contorted into confusion.

"Wait. Really? You DJ Nelson actually raced cars?"

"Yeah. A few times."

I was not going to go into depth on just how many cars I have raced. Or how many I've wrecked in said races. If you are almost dying then what's the point of going fast?

"Alright, ever fight someone? I don't know if you are the fighting type since you won't fight Sarah." Ryder gestures to Sarah who is staring at Nix like a lost puppy.

I've noticed she's got the hots for my cousin. I wouldn't know why since right now he is building what he calls chicken nugget topiea.

"I've had a few unplanned fights. Nothing major."

"Hmm. DJ, were you a bad girl?" Micky asks smirking at me.

I've decided that I didn't care for Micky. He was giving off fuck boy vibes and I wasn't much for him flirting with me. He sort of reminded me of Xavier.

"No." I answer quickly.

And thank God the bell rang because he was about to spit a whole nother line or comment at me that I wasn't ready for.

"Hey." Neco says grabbing my arm when I'm almost to my locker.

I'm turned quickly around to face him. Today he was wearing dark faded jeans, a black Harley Davidson shirt that was tight on him showing off his muscles that it was hiding. His dark hair is unrully and his brown eyes are looking straight at me. I would be lying if I said I didn't like the attention.

"Hey." I greet back.

"I've got football practice after school so you're going to have to wait for me since I'm your ride."

Neco played football? I mean I could see him playing. I guess that explains why I haven't seen him drinking.

"Okay." I agree and he smiles.

I liked it when he smiles. He had a nice smile and it seems to only come out around me.

"What class do you have next?" He asks making me snap out of my daze.

"Chemistry."

"Same. I'll show you where it is."

Before I can say anything he grabs my hand walking to my locker. I grab my stuff and follow him to his locker before we head down the stairs and to the basement where the lab was.

When we walk in the teacher, Mr.Howard as he introduced himself to me smiles and told me to take an open seat at one of the lab tables.

"Move." Neco says to the kid sitting next to me.

There were no tables where both seats were open, but that didn't seem to bother Neco.

"What?" The kid squeaks.