18 (Neco's POV)

"So, you and DJ?" Nix asks looking me over as he sits across from me in the booths.

I wasn't sure what DJ thought about us, but I knew I wanted her. And I was getting her, but I was taking it slow. I've only known her for a few weeks.

"I'm working on it." I say and Nix forces a smile before trying to level me with a glare.

"You hurt her I'll kill you."

I don't bother responding since I wasn't planning on hurting her. DJ is too precious to be hurt. She's like a delicate carved knife. Beautiful, but able to kill you in one go.

"Who wants to get something to eat?" Skip asks walking in with DJ under his arm.

"Me!" Ryder and Nix scream as they sprint towards the father and daughter.

I just stand and walk over, DJ's eyes follow my movements and I can't help but love the attention. She's the only one I had to be nice to, the rest could all fuck themselves.

"Where we going?" I ask curious.

"Tim's." Skip says and I nod.

Tim's had the best food in town. It's to the point that that's the only place I eat when I don't feel like cooking. My parents aren't in the picture and Jax basically raised me. I was a stray that he picked up off the streets after a bad night.

"What are we taking?" Nix asks looking around.

"DJ's riding with me." I announce and everyone's eyes snap to me.

"I'm down." DJ says smiling up at me.

God what I'd do to keep that smile on her face.

-----------------

After we ate and Skip told everyone that he was paying I waited next to my bike for DJ. She was in the middle of arguing with Nix since he keeps calling her a gangster.

Honestly if I was her I would just agree with him because he won't fucking stop.

"Neco. I got to talk to you."

I walk over to him as he puts a hand on the back of my neck talking quietly.

"We have church later tonight. So if you want to take DJ somewhere you have time. She looks like she needs a break."

We both glance over to her to find her looking back at us. She looks tired, and I know that she has bottled up shit she isn't telling anyone. It was eating her up. Besides, I have a question for her anyways and this will give me the chance to ask it.

"Sounds good. Call me if you need anything."

Skip smirks.

"Kid, I'm supposed to be telling you that. Just keep my girl safe."

"Always."

He lets go of me and walks towards his bike.

"Let's go."

When I don't get on my bike DJ gives me a curious look as we watch them drive off.

"We not going?"

I shake my head.

"We're going to go somewhere quiet." I tell her and her eyebrow lifts.

"We are?"

"Yup." I get on my biker waiting for her to get on behind me.

I drive over the speed limit, speeding down back roads towards a spot I used as a get away. The hill I take goes up to the cliffs that over look the town.