'22

slowly and reluctantly, Jennie uncovered her eyes to an empty bed. the shades of light blinded her through the opened curtains. she rubbed her forehead and the corner of her eyes with her knuckle, sitting up with her other hand holding the blanket against her naked chest. among the bedroom images of unwanted memories, her warmth was the only thing that she could feel. 

for the first time, waking up was really harsh since dreams were better and less painful than reality. the remembrance from last night left an empty void inside of her chest, leaving missing and left over emotions for them to trace. her puffy eyes whined sore from crying to sleep as it was surrounded by small and red arteries. but knowing she have to leave, her feet dangled from the thigh high bed and with cautions, she wraps herself around the blanket they had shared. her eyes drawn to the end corner of the bed, where her dress, mask, sunglasses, and handbag folded neatly on top of one another. she comb her messy hair side behind her ear and got a hold of her dress, knocking the other stuff off accidentally and ghastly while dashes to the bathroom across the hall. 

she hustle through combing her hair straight and buttoning the dress back on. putting the dress on, she out-stared the reflection of what has changed within one night. her skin was no longer hers nor did it feel clean. for that her eyes collected almost every humidity within his bathroom to pour but she held it in within her pursed lips. Jennie skipped out of the bathroom and back into the left alone room to grab her stuff before striding down the short hallway into the quiet living room of his apartment. 

although the living space was half empty, she was able to spot him before he could even spot her, sitting on top of his desk instead of his leather chair. his arm crossed on top of his newly basic colored tee, turning to her a second later of her strong delivering glare. he looked fresh with his hair all combed behind leaving his forehead bare, as if he had already left whatever it was dragging him down. "here's the evidence as promise." he slaps the envelope onto side of his working desk, but not too far from his sitting. it was his intention to make her walk over to get it.

her eagle eyes glued right onto the yellow envelope as she walked right over to take it in her hand but it was stuck half way. he was tugging on it half way, observing, out staring her of pettiness, "what happened here will never be in my mind and know that this is for Na-rin's justice, not anything else." Jennie yanked the envelope from his grip and beside her, having enough of his talks. those words did nothing but widen the pupils of her rare optic, with one side of her lips curved up, "and how would I know that you won't go back against your words?" 

just then a grin crawls on to his face in response, "you can trust me since there's nothing left for the both of us." his eyes drawn down to her lips and back up to her eyes, flirting them. 

she backed away two steps, nodding while getting beaten mentally all over her smiling face. he was still lucky enough to see a smile. although her cheeks rounded from the corner of her lip lifting, her eyes refuse to lit up in real satisfactory. it was a fake one. a lie covering up another lie. "thank you, the moment I step out of this apartment, it will over. I will no longer owe you anything and so-" she paused, containing in the tightness of her chest that will cause unnecessary reasoning to spilled. "I sincerely hope you can keep your words. in this last minutes, I hope you are happy for winning this battle, Jeon Jungkook. you finally won." she pronounced his name so clearly that he went silence on her devious gaze. he zoomed out on her, figuring she really meant them. a sharp pang begins to throb from within his solid gazes.

Jennie fixed her mask on as well as putting on her dark sunglasses frame. it was the only way to hid in such a tight up heavy emotional place. she turned away towards the door to put her heels on. he froze, fantasizing her still smelling scent of her shampoo and mesmerizing her from the anterior while she twisted open the door. she paused still, eyeing the side, wanting to see him once more, wishing that in any minute he'll follow her and ask her to stay.