Chapter 34 | Make a Statement

ISADORA'S POV

"Aphrodite?!" I watched as the princess from the Hoky Kingdom throws up after witnessing my wrath.

"Milady, don't you think this is enough to make a statement to us? Aphrodite is not used to such bloodshed. Please quell your anger and let andromeda and Octavia deal with the punishment instead. Let us go back to the palace." Sophia, the courtesan of the tower of Camellia, tried to reason with me while covering Aphrodite's sight from looking at the bloody sword.

"This is not enough. I want to make sure that all of you know the reason why you're here. Just remember this day when there is a slight chance you want to betray the Empire or me. I am not always rainbow and sunshine. As a partner, I will support you all, but as a soldier, as a knight and as a future ruler, even if you have the title of being my queen, I will punish you." Aphrodite was about to throw up again.

"Aphrodite, are you by chance pregnant with your old lover's seed?" Aphrodite immediately kneels, begging for mercy.

"I am not milady. I may be tainted, but I have always take extra precaution." I looked down on the princess.

"Good. As my concubine, when I am not around, please take care of my wife and the children in my stead. If you do that much, I will protect you when the time comes. I have decided that once I become the shadow empress, Camille will be the empress, and you all will be my queen regnant. You all will have the power equivalent of a king. The Empire is yours, and so is my life. Today I may show you part of myself, but in the future, if you stay loyal to me, you will have everything that you all desire the most." I face Aphrodite.

"Freedom-," I turned to face Sophia.

"Solace-," I turned to Andromeda and Octavia, who stand side by side.

"Power and even influence, I can give you all whatever you want. Just protect our family with your life and Camille, and I will do the same." The concubines look at each other before kneeling in front of me.

"Your wish is our command, milady." Good. Now, what should I do with the remaining bandits?

"Please have mercy. We-," I placed a finger on my lips to shut them up.

"You shouldn't have hurt my wife after seeing the crest on the carriage. My wife begged for mercy, but did you even care? Did you stop after hearing her begged for you to stop? No. You continue to hit her and almost made her lost the child she's carrying. I will not stand here and watch as you rot in prison. I will never be that kind to criminals." I let the concubine stand from the dirty floor.

"Should I just through your body with the saw? Or should I just use the rack so that I could stretch your limbs? That may be too humane. After all, you did hurt the archduchess. Oh, maybe I should spill your knees using the knee splitter. That was a popular method to punish any prisoner who wishes to escape imprisonment." I smiled.

"You're lucky that public execution is now illegal." I heard someone gagged yet again. Since I feel pity for Aphrodite, I have decided to be human again.

"Andromeda, burn them to death." Andromeda nodded.

"Aphrodite, come with me. The rest of you, please do enjoy your stay here in the palace. I will soon come to find you." I smiled before reaching out to Aphrodite. Before I could even touch the princess, she jumped back, scared to her wits.

"I will never hurt my partner. Come, let's leave this place." Aphrodite took my hand, and we both leave the dungeon.

"Do you hate the smell of blood?" I asked the princess, who only nodded while trying to keep herself from throwing up again.