Chapter 44 | Calypso

THIRD PERSON POV

"Would you look at that. I was right all along. Now, pay up. You promised to give me a new palace. Are you getting cold feet?" High consort Bella smiled at Elpis.

"Alright, alright. Settle down." Elpis walked towards the baby crib and look down on Camille's newborn baby.

"I was sure that it's going to be a boy." Bella chuckled.

"It's impossible for them to have a boy. Isadora is indeed a special person, but she is still a woman. Well, then again, we can't predict the future. Besides, we're not the one who gives miracle to humans." Bella tilted her head when Elpis didn't say anything.

"Elpis, what is it?" Virtra inquired when her wife didn't say anything as she looks at the newborn.

"Look at how fragile this baby is." Elpis reaches out for the baby with a smile.

"Looking at this child makes me realised how important my work is for the future generation. I don't want any children in this Empire to suffer because of war. We have one more thing to do before we let Isadora take over my throne." Elpis turned around to face Virtra and Bella.

"Capture all the elders and officials who go against my ruling. Burn them to death. Because of their betrayal, the people of the Empire has to suffer. Those who live on the outskirts of the Capital has to endure so much suffering because of them. It is only fair if those who contribute to their family and friends' death share the same consequences." Virtra bows her head with a hidden smile.

"My dear, instead of burning them, why don't we try out Bella's newest invention? I heard that her new poison is quite fascinating." Bella is nodding her head since she's eager to try out her newest concoction.

"Alright. Prepare your poison. Do make me proud, Bella." The notorious poison master bow before excusing herself. After pondering for a few second, Elpis decided to pick the baby up.

"You've been blessed with remarkable parents. And now, I will give you my blessing for being born into this world." The servants were shocked to hear that the shadow empress will be giving the newborn the blessing herself.

"Virtra, please hold her." Virtra nodded and took the baby from Elpis's arms.

"Shhh- it's granny. Don't cry little one." Virtra coo the baby.

"It seems this child likes you. Look at that. She cried when I took her away from your arms." Virtra giggled. Elpis smiled as she placed her hand on the baby's head.

"May the goddess protect you as you go through the journey to adulthood, little one." Elpis kissed the baby's forehead before looking up to her wife.

"Would you look at that. This little one just smiled." Both Elpis and Virtra chuckled.

"Oh! I'm sorry, your highnesses. I didn't know that you're here." Isadora now when she entered the room.

"Come in, Isadora. I was just blessing the child." Isadora was surprised.

"Blessing? But for the shadow empress to bless-," Elpis raised her hand.

"She is the descendent of Galatea. Of course, I will bless her myself. I will do the same thing of you manage to get your concubines with a child as well. It's convenient for you to have as many descendent as you can since you have the anatomy to do it. Give us as many grandchildren as you can." Isadora suddenly has cold feet.

"That's what she said to me too." Nicolai patted Isadora's shoulder when he entered the room.

"Lower your voice! The baby is sleeping!" Virtra glared at her wife, son and daughter in law." Virtra takes a deep breath.