30I Disowning You

"Look Ethan! It's you!" I grinned, pointing at the skunk in front of me.

"The only thing similar about us is we're both cute," he retorted with a playful glare.

"I would say you're smell is pretty similar," I smirked.

"Oh look Lila. That meerkat's taller than you!" Carter grinned. Seriously?! I hated it when they all ganged up against me because of my height.

I let out a huff of annoyance and shot Carter a quick glare through the rear view mirror. He just smirked in response.

I rolled my eyes and twisted around so that I was fully looking out if the window. From this position, I could see all the animals of the safari park easily.

Unexpectedly, from my side, I heard Zac let out an extremely fake cough and then grunt 'baby' before fake coughing again.

I leaned across the seat where Joe was sat and punched Zac's shoulder as hard as I could. Sadly, this had little effect on him.

That morning, my dad had gone out 'shopping' (although he hadn't returned throughout the two hours I was waiting at home) as soon as I went down for breakfast. My brothers had all gone to the mall with Jessica and so Carter had suggested that he and the rest of the cousins should take me to the safari park so we could bond.

So far it had been torture.

I enjoyed seeing all the animals and commenting on how cute they were, as well as taking a bunch of photos, but I didn't enjoy being stuck in a car with four annoying boys.

"Fuck sake," Carter hissed from the front seat and I leaned forwards to see what was wrong. He was slumped back in his seat with annoyance evident in his expression and was glaring at something just up the track.

I followed his gaze and let out a sigh when I saw what he was looking at. Up ahead, a jeep had come to a complete stop and it's passenger door was open. A woman was standing to the side of it, talking with one of the workers. Even from where I was sat, I could see she was frustrated.

Groaning, I fell back into my seat and wished that we could at least roll down our windows so I could stick my head out and be able to see further in all directions.

"Can I put on some music?" I sighed. In this area, the only thing to look at where two sleeping zebras and, although they were cute, I didn't really want to be staring at them for the next twenty minutes.

"Sure," Carter shrugged. "We have nothing better to do."

A grin spread across my face and I unlocked my phone which had been resting on my lap. I turned on my Bluetooth and then went onto my music, finding a good play list.

The song began to play through the cars radio and I heard the boys groan as the opening of the song played.

"You're insecure
Don't know what for
You're turning heads when you walk through the door
Don't need make-up to cover up
Being the way that you are is enough
Everyone else in the room can see it
Everyone else but you
Baby, you light up my world like nobody else
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell
You don't know, oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful
If only you saw what I can see
You'll understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe
You don't know, oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful, oh oh
That's what makes you beautiful," I sang loudly.

"I hate this song. Please change it," Zac groaned.

I rolled my eyes, especially since What Makes You Beautiful was a fun song to sing and it really suited my voice. It was also upbeat and you didn't have to hold back and could instead bolt it at the top of your lungs.

I skimmed through my songs anyway and found another song that I enjoyed singing.

"Hear the sound of the falling rain
Coming down like an Armageddon flame (hey!)
A shame
The ones who died without a name
Hear the dogs howlin' out of key
To a hymn called faith and misery (hey!)
And bleed, the company lost the war today
I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
On holiday," I sang.

Green Day was amazing.

"What's the song?" Ethan asked from the passenger seat and immediately a gasp escaped me. How dare he!

First Logan doesn't know who Dylan O'brien was and then Ethan doesn't know one of the most famous bands on earth most popular song. Next he's going to say he doesn't know who Green Day is!

"Who's the band?" Joe asked.

Silence. Pure silence.

And then...

"I'm disowning you," I breathed out with narrowed eyes.

"Alright. Jeez. I was just asking who this band is," Joe grumbled, probably thinking I was overreacting. But I wasn't. It was impossible to overreact when it came to Green Day.

"Can you two children stop arguing," Ethan groaned.

"I'm not a child!" Joe and I both exclaimed at the same time.

He turned to glare at me and, since he was sat right next to me, he wrapped his left arm around the back of my neck and pulled my head to his chest.

We had previously taken our seat belts off so it wasn't too uncomfortable, but I still didn't appreciate it. Especially when Joe then proceeded to bring his right fist up to the top of my head and rubbed harshly at my hair.

I tried to slap his hands away but because of the position I was in, my hits were weak and caused no damage.

So I did the only thing I could do. I elbowed my cousin as hard as I could in the balls. It was a low blow, but the only option I had.

"Ow!" Joe cried out, letting go of me to clutch his crown jewels. "I hate you!"

I chuckled and straightened up in my seat, feeling a satisfied smirk cross my face.

"Fuck you," Joe growled, pulling away his hand after a minute. I gave him a sheepish smile and in return he twisted round so that his back was to Zac and he slammed his legs down on my lap, straightening them out. He was basically using me as a leg rest. I did not appreciate it.

However, I did have to admit that I deserved it so I just let out a huff and readjusted myself so that I was more comfortable.

This was fun.

Important question: should I make character aesthetics for the brothers and Lila? And should I make a character chapter part two where I include the pictures of the rest of the cast like I did for the Bradley's and Lila?

Sorry this chapter is another filler and it's shorter, but I promise the next chapter will include overprotective brothers, cousins and brothers friends. Hope you're ready for it ;)

-Elin