13I Birthday

"Thanks girls," I smiled at Maddie, Melody, Kaya and Sophie.

They had been helping me get ready for the day. Although I would still have to go to school and I wouldn't really be doing anything exciting, I was happy that the girls had helped me look good for my birthday.

Maddie had picked out my outfit and accessories, including the necklace she had bought me a my present saying 'lila' on it. She'd found a nice pair of black vans and chosen out my clothes, which consisted of a black top, white cardigan with butterflies on and a white tennis skirt.

Melody had done my hair which I was grateful for because it looked really good. She had curled it and then styled it into a half up half down with two french braids each side going into a bun.

Kaya had done my makeup and made it quite simple. She just put on some nude eyeshadow and blush.

Finally, Sophie had been in charge of my nails. She painted three on each hand a light blue and then the other two a white, blue and grey marble effect. They looked really good.

The girls had also bought me presents.

From Maddie I got my 'lila' necklace, from Melody I got a face mask, bath bomb, spray, shampoo and conditioner, from Kaya I got a black, oversized band shirt, and from Sophie I got the 'Queen Greatest Hits' album.

We'd only known each other for a week and a bit, but me, them, Lucas and Jin had actually grown quite close.

We always ate lunch together, hung out after school and we all went to the mall on the weekend. It was nice having people I could count on.

Speaking of friends, let's talk about Owen. No, we weren't friends, he was still as annoying as hell. He constantly flirted with me, annoyed me to death in class, got me in trouble and spoke to me every chance he got. But to be honest, I 'd warmed up to him slightly... although I would never admit it.

My stepbrothers didn't know I'd been talking to him fairly often, and nor did they need to know. We could only talk in the classes Noah wasn't in, which was about half of them. Whenever we did, he would send us glares and then tell me off after the lesson.

It was Owen's roll to irritate me, and my roll to blow him off.

Life was going great.

I looked myself over in the mirror and a smile formed on my face. "You've made me look awesome!" I grinned happily at my friends.

"Yeah, that's great. Now can we have some breakfast?" Maddie whined and I chuckled slightly.

"Sure," I smiled.

We walked out of my bedroom, down the two flights of stairs and into the kitchen where I stopped in the doorway.

On the table in front of me was a mountain of food. There were pancakes, waffles, eggs, vegetarian sausages, bacon (which I unfortunately couldn't eat) toast, fresh fruit, Nutella and more.

In the corner of the room, there was a large stack of presents. I'd never had so much on my birthday before.

"Food!" Maddie squealed and raised towards the table.

I slowly followed her with my eyes still wide and an expression of shock on my face.

"Wow," I breathed, "Who made all this?"

"I did," Logan said from behind me.

I spun around to see him walking into the room and a smile slid onto my face. "Thanks, Log," I said gratefully.

"No problem. Happy birthday by the way."

"Thanks," I grinned.

Logan smiled at me before walking over to the table and slipping into one of the seats.