Under the rubble

Hi, I love Rhekker very much, although English is not my language - I still try to write little stories in it. I apologize for the mistakes.

"We don't have time" Connor said flatly, almost blindly trying to stop the bleeding. The building was about to collapse and bury them alive. He was angry that he was in such a dangerous place with Ava. She wasn't supposed to be here, that's for sure.

"Just a second" Ava said as she stitched the severed artery in the field, preventing Connor from moving the injured man with just a bandage, anticipating that he would bleed out. Connor knew it, too, but the extra time spent in a nearly ruined house was very risky.

"Dr. Rhodes, Dr. Bekker, we need to get out of here!" Cruz shouted, along with the other rescuers, practically holding the crumbling structure with their bare hands.

"Ava, let's go" Connor hissed, reaching across the injured man to her, grabbing her elbow.

"Yes, yes" Ava nodded, still managing to stop the fatal bleeding, smiling with relief as she looked at Connor with tired eyes. Rescuers immediately loaded the victim on a stretcher, carrying him outside.

"You're very stubborn" Connor said with a faint smile, about to get up from his knees, but a loud crash and a palpable tremor under his feet pushed him back to his former position. The building was finally collapsing. The last remaining walls began to fall.

"Connor!" she screamed in fright, involuntarily closing her eyes, paralyzed in place.

"Ava!" Connor gasped, yanking her elbow back against him with all his strength, holding her tightly against him, covering her head. Immediately, several concrete blocks fell into the space where Bekker had been sitting a second earlier, shattering into small pieces. 

Connor held Ava tight until the building stopped collapsing. Startled, he grabbed her by the shoulders, giving her a little shake, checking her for injuries. She was intact.

"Does it hurt anywhere? Avey, is everything okay? Avey, can you hear me? My sunshine?" Connor whispered anxiously, placing cold hands on her cheeks.

"I'm... I'm fine" Ava said softly, swallowing, going limp in the man's arms, losing all her strength in an instant, becoming quite nervous. 

"Come on, honey" Connor said, getting up carefully and lifting Ava into his arms, he carried her out into the street, squinting in the bright light. Hell, they got out of this shit alive. Everything went well.

"Connor, I'm not hurt. What about our patient?" Ava said, and there was a familiar note of displeasure in her voice, which was typical of her, if she was really okay.

"Ethan already operating on him" Connor said, waving the phone to read the message.

"Ava, you really scared me. If you'd listened to me and come out right away, you wouldn't have put yourself in such danger"

"This man could have bled to death" Ava said, sitting up abruptly on the bed and staggering slightly, immediately falling into Connor's arms.

"Can you not get up? Or I'm going to give you a shot of diazepam" Connor growled without rancor, pulling her back to the horizontal position.

"Just try it" Ava said, her eyes narrowed, her hands held protectively in front of her.

Instead of fighting, Connor gently lowered Ava's hands, leaning down to press his lips to hers, kissing her, then smiling as he pulled awayfrom her, seeing her alive and unharmed.

"We'll have to use more powerful lights next time, or we won't be able to see anything in this dark" Ava said thoughtfully as she got out of the car, holding Connor's hand.

"I'll make sure you're never involved in such dangerous operations, Dr. Bekker" Connor corrected skeptically, ignoring Ava's scowl, knowing full well that if such an emergency happened again, she would still go with him.

"Of course, Dr. Rhodes" Ava said with a playful wink.

"You're insufferable" Connor chuckled softly as Ava entered the resident's office and turned to him with a wide smile.