The meeting with Connor's father

A large number of people made Ava uncomfortable. Especially when she was alone in an unfamiliar crowd. 

Initially, Connor asked to join her in a charity event that was arranged for the benefit of the hospital. However, he was very late, sending only one message: "Urgently called for surgery, I will be late".

In the end, more than two hours had passed, and Ava was still alone, wandering among people, saying Hello only to Goodwin and a few other doctors from other departments.

Ava adjusted the ever-falling thin strap in her dress. Although the evening dress was long, but because of the bare top, Ava looked quite sexy, while maintaining the seriousness inherent in this event. For a long time, she couldn't decide on clothes, choosing this option, which she could wear without Connor. If she was going with him, he would definitely reject the dress because of the extreme openness.

Picking up a glass of champagne from the table, Ava took a small sip to pass the time. 

"Dr. Bekker?" an unfamiliar voice came from behind, filled with admiration.

Turning to the man, Ava came face-to-face with Connor's father. She had never personally crossed paths with him before. All she knew was that Connor had a complicated relationship with this man. 

"Yes" Ava said with a tight smile, glancing at the older Rhodes.

"I've been wanting to see you for a long time" he said, looking at her too sharply. "I know what a great surgeon You are, and I also know that you perform operations with my son. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, Cornelius Rhodes, Connor's father".

"Nice to meet you" Ava nodded stiffly, feeling naked under Cornelius's gaze. "Ava Bekker, but you know".

"It's too noisy in here" the man frowned, putting his arm around Ava's waist without any hesitation to lead her away, eventually ending up on the wide veranda.

Once again returning the fallen strap's dress to its place, Ava immediately pulled back, almost dropping the half-finished glass of champagne.

"Did you want something?" Bekker said warily, wanting to get back to the common room as quickly as possible. And mentally asking Connor to finally come.

"Just to get to know you" Cornelius said easily, acting relaxed, all the while looking at ava, smiling faintly as She straightened her dress.

"We've already met" Ava reminded him casually, ignoring the proprieties if the other person didn't observe them, staring at her impolitely, to say the least.

Taking a step toward the exit, Ava froze when Cornelius lightly grabbed her elbow, thereby stopping her.

"You've been alone all evening, so why don't you join me?" Cornelius asked, still holding her hand. "We could get away from this boring gathering".

Ava was sickened when her assumptions, based on abnormal, far from the bounds of decency, views, were confirmed. And this man was the father of her boyfriend.

"Ava" when Bekker heard a familiar voice, she jerked her hand away, rushing toward Connor.

"You've been a long time" Ava gasped, burying her face in the man's chest.

"Connor" Cornelius nodded condescendingly, still amused at the close contact between the two of them.

"I forgot you don't miss events like this" Connor said coldly, taking off his jacket to drape it over Ava's shoulders. 

"Of course, if I hadn't come, I wouldn't have met such a wonderful woman as Dr. Bekker" the elder Rhodes said prettily cloying.

"Dr. Bekker is really wonderful" Connor agreed, with a quick glance at the confused woman. "And she's my girlfriend".

"O" whistle Cornelius, nervously grinning. "Well, congratulations".

Connor nodded indifferently and took Ava's arm, saying a curt good-bye to his father as he headed for the room.

"What did he want?" after leaving the porch, immediately asked Connor, frowning. "Ava, this dress is too revealing".

"I know" Ava breathed, holding tight to the man, feeling an indescribable weariness that was clearly due to emotional strain. "He just wanted to meet me as a surgeon".

"As with surgeon?" Connor asked incredulously as he led Bekker outside and into the car. 

"Uh — huh" she nodded uncertainly, managing to fasten her seat belt for the third time, which Rhodes noticed.

"Ava? Are you okay?" Connor turned to face her without starting the car.

"Why didn't you tell your father who your girlfriend was?" Ava looked disappointed, her lips pursed, tears in her eyes.

"Jesus, Avey, what happened?" Connor asked softly, cupping her face in his hands and wiping away tears.

"I've been waiting for you. No, I know you're late because of work, but" Ava stammered. "Your father thought I was free".

"What?" Connor hissed in one breath, clenching his teeth. He'd always known that his father was a womanizer, but for some reason this time, when it came to Ava, Connor was ready to come right back and punch that asshole in the face.

"He thought I was lonely because I'd been standing on the sidelines all night" Ava said carefully, almost blaming Connor for putting her in this position. "But you were on time."

"Avey, I'm sorry" Connor breathed, wrapping his arms around her, kissing her girl on the lips, running his hand through her hair.

"No, Connor, there's nothing to apologize for" Ava said, putting Her head down on the man's shoulder and letting go of the uncomfortable seat belt that held her down.

With a soothing hand on her back, Connor sat sideways, motionless, not in a hurry to get home. The jacket fell off Ava's shoulders, dragging the annoying straps of her dress with it, which Bekker took her time adjusting, feeling at ease with her man.

Leaning down, Connor gently touched his lips to her bare shoulder, frowning slightly.

"This dress isn't for public events, Ava" Connor said, hearing the woman's soft laugh. "Ava?"

"Nothing" laughing, she leaned back, biting her lip.

"Ava" Connor said, his eyes narrowing.

"I thought you and your father had the same taste in women" Ava said with a slight grin as she slowly replaced the straps in her dress. 

"Bekker, how much have you had to drink?" known for his patience from the moment they first met, Connor said calmly, seeing the twinkle in Ava's eyes.

"Maybe two or three glasses, I don't remember" Ava teased, looking at Connor.

"Come here" Connor said, grabbing the woman and pulling her into the backseat, moving over to her, immediately relentlessly kissing her. Hearing a soft moan, Connor only became more inflamed, instantly getting rid of the immodest dress, covering the hot body of the girl he loved with kisses.

"Oh, Connor" Ava whispered, gripping his shoulders tightly, looking into his eyes.

"My perfect girl" Connor couldn't help but push into her, touching her closely, feeling her whole body, going crazy, losing track of time. Only knowing how much he needed Ava Bekker, and knowing how much she needed him.