Keep me warm

Sitting on the wide sofa, wrapped in a warm blanket, Ava still couldn't get warm. The heating didn't help, nor did the wool socks and sweater. She needed Connor badly. Only he could keep her warm in the Chicago cold. Still, it was difficult to get used to the sudden change of weather, and most importantly, it took a long time.

Wishing she hadn't agreed to take the day off without Connor, Ava just pulled her knees closer to her chest. And the main thing is that the man deceived her, talking about a joint vacation, but at the last moment found an excuse, consisting of an urgent operation. Connor didn't want her to overwork, so he cheated.

When she heard the door click open, ava didn't move, burrowing deeper into the large blanket, leaving only the top of her light head on the surface. Although her face was already beaming with joy.

"Avey, I'm home" Connor said cheerfully, setting the bags on the floor and removing his outer clothing as he walked into the living room.

"Hi" Ava mumbled, stepping out of the warm shelter for a moment.

"You look cute" Connor laughed, leaning over to kiss her nose.

"I'm damn cold, Connor" Ava said, melting a little at the man's hot lips, but still grumbling.

"Then I need to warm you up" Connor said, smiling as he prepared to make hot chocolate. Only Ava firmly grabbed his arm, stopping him. She needed Connor here, not in the kitchen.

"Your embrace will be enough for me" Ava admitted, looking away for a moment, knowing how clearly the blush was showing on her pale face.

"Oh" without arguing, but smiling broadly, Connor sat down next to her, pulled the bundled woman to him, and inhaled the familiar scent of her hair. He missed her.

Ava snuggled against Connor's neck, instantly accepting his warmth. For several minutes, she clung to Connor, who ran a gentle hand down her back, now and then straightening the loose blanket.

"How was your day?" Ava asked softly, looking up at Connor, immediately falling into the trap of his mouth.

"Without your appropriate pointed comments, it's was terrible" Connor laughed, stuttering as he met Ava's narrowed gaze. "It's a joke, Avey, honestly".

Ava accidentally placed a cold hand on Connor's back, just where the sweater wasn't . The sharp contrast in temperature made him wince, and he immediately grabbed Ava's hands and covered them with his own. 

"Avey, you're like ice" Connor said, concern in his voice, and his head was full of thoughts and ideas about how to keep the apartment warm before his girlfriend got sick.

"I want to go to Africa" Ava chuckled as Connor tried to warm her up.

"That's a bit extreme, don't you think?" Connor leaned closer and breathed softly in her ear.

"But effective" rolling her eyes, Ava deliberately ran her fingertips along Connor's neck, hearing a heavy exhalation.

"I can offer you an effective way to keep warm while still staying in Chicago" Connor gently kissed the back of ava's hand, holding It in his lap.

"Hmm?" Ava arched a brow, immediately adding: "Only I won't go to the bathroom, wet hair and a cold apartment don't go well together."

"Hair can be pinned up" slowly gathering the woman's loose curls, Connor carefully gathered them into a bun, reaching for the elastic band on the table. He often brushed ava's hair back when She forgot about it after she started cooking.

"No, Connor" Ava said miserably, pursing her lips.

"I'll make you happy, but a hot bath isn't the best way to keep warm that I'm thinking of" unable to resist, Connor kissed her lightly, always giving up when she was upset, even if it was overtly manipulative.

Suddenly lifting her up in his arms, ignoring the fallen blanket, Connor carried her into the bedroom.

"What are you doing?" Ava laughed out loud, still not used to a man carrying her around for no reason. She threw her arms around his neck, squeaking like a child.

As he lowered her to the bed, Connor stripped off all his unwanted clothing, leaving only his underpants. As he loomed over Ava, he did the same to her, tossing the sweater and warm pajama pants she loved to wear in their home to the side.

"It's cold" Ava said the obvious thing, still clutching Connor's shoulders.

"Just be patient" Connor said softly, unbuttoning Ava's bra and putting it back with the rest of her clothes.

Under the covers, Connor pulled Ava close to him, their naked bodies touching hers. Lacing his legs together, he kissed her gently on the forehead, giving her the necessary warmth she'd needed all day. And it really helped.

Clinging to Connor, feeling his heartbeat, Ava slowly fell asleep, not even trying to resist.

"Connor, I love you" Ava whispered sleepily before finally falling asleep in the arms of a loved one.

"And I love you, my girl" Connor said warmly, leaving a light kiss on her hair, only holding her tighter. He loved her immensely.

I will be glad to hear your feedback :)