Jealousy

Ava could make fun of Connor's countless women for a long time, but only until she became one of them, putting a fat end to Rhodes' promiscuity and fickleness. And only Connor knew that all the smiles that shone on her face as she blithely talked about another of his girls were fake. His attention to detail made it clear that Ava didn't like this kind of conversation.

Only now it was all over. Ava smiled broadly as she hurried to the cafeteria, greeting colleagues and friends. She'd been glowing since morning, which was how her days with Connor started now.

Determined to try something new, Ava ordered a vanilla cappuccino. Leaning on the counter, waiting for a hot drink, she turned her head in interest, looking for familiar faces at the tables. Her gaze caught on a man who was too close to her, and she was about to walk up to him from behind and give him a big hug. Only he wasn't alone.

"Your vanilla cappuccino" the girl smiled, handing the cup to Ava.

Ava picked up her drink automatically and took a hesitant step toward Connor. For a second, she thought she'd made a mistake, but only for a second. Robyn sat across from Connor, talking to him eagerly, laughing now and then. 

Ava frowned and stood there, trying to control an unexpected feeling of jealousy. As much as she didn't want to, images of the past came back to her, when Connor was always running around with Robyn, even he went to see her during shifts.

Shaking her head to clear the flood of unwanted and unpleasant memories, Ava squeezed the Cup. At any other moment, if she had seen Robin, she would not have turned off her brain and stared at her jealously. Only now Connor's ex-girlfriend was sitting next to him as if they'd been in a relationship before, as if there hadn't been a year-long lapse in communication. A wild thought crossed Ava's mind, hinting that Connor might actually have called Robin.

Ava tightened her grip on the Cup and pursed her lips when Robyn just briefly touched Connor's hand on the table. It all happened too fast. The cardboard Cup clenched in half, spilling hot cappuccino onto Ava's fingers, spilling across the floor.

"Damn" Ava hissed softly, feeling a burning pain in her right palm. 

"Ava!" running to her, Connor automatically grabbed her arm, pulling her forward, quickly examining the noticeable red spot.

Connor put an arm around Ava's waist as he pushed her toward the wash room. Quickly turning on the running water, he gently cupped her wrist, exposing the burned area to the tap. 

"What happened?" holding her hand under the water, Connor looked at her in alarm.

"I couldn't hold the cup" Ava said, somewhat distantly, relaxing a little thanks to the cold water on her fingers.

"Really?" Connor asked doubtfully, sensing something odd in his girlfriend's tone. 

"Of course" she nodded, about to pull her hand away, but Connor held it firmly.

"Don't pretend, Avey," Connor said with a small smile, lifting her hand to his lips and kissing it gently. "You need ointment for burns".

"Yes" she said timidly, completely lost in the beloved eyes of the man who looked at her with such awe, seeing through her.

"Robin came to visit, told me how she was settling in" Connor explained calmly, clearly reading what she was trying to hide on Ava's face as he put his arm around her waist again and led her out of the room. "She's getting married in a month, if anything".

"If what?" relieved, Ava returned to her normal state, immediately squinting at Connor.

"Yeah, my jealous girl," Connor said with a satisfied grin as he hit the target.

"I don't -" Ava stammered, giving up without a fight, having no excuses, blushing uncomfortably. "I don't know what came over me".

"It's all right, Avey," Connor said, smiling as he passed Robin, who was still sitting at the table, but now alone. "Have a nice day, Robin".

"You look great with each other" Robin winked, a genuine smile on her face.

Ava could only bury her face in Connor's shoulder, moaning in a muffled voice, burning with shame that she had behaved so foolishly. However, the pleasant warmth of the small compliment about them as a great couple spread throughout her body. When Connor closed the door to the break room, Ava hung on to him, kissing him insistently. Taking the initiative, Connor deepened the kiss, turning so that Ava was pressed against the wall, only getting closer to the man. 

"You're incredible, Ava" Connor whispered, breathing hard, pulling away from his girl's mouth for a second.

"You're lucky" Ava said with a satisfied grin, biting her lower lip defiantly.

"No doubt about it" Connor said, wasting no time in kissing Ava again, sliding his hands under Her robe, stroking her thighs, hearing her soft moans in response. He only loved this beautiful woman more.

I hope you liked it  ~.