Traces of your love

"Five more minutes" Connor muttered sleepily at the annoying alarm. 

The day before had been a busy evening, smoothly flowing into the night. After a friendly sit-down with Will and Natalie, Ava did not miss the opportunity to continue their weekend with a bottle of wine to slow music. Connor was only too happy, considering how tempting Bekker was when she slowly touched her lips to the glass as she danced in his arms. Only the working day came too quickly, and sleep was not enough.

"And twenty five minutes won't be enough for you" Ava said, her accent clear from sleep, and Connor couldn't help but smile. "What?"

"Nothing, you're beautiful" Connor replied easily, not letting Ava catch him off guard by kissing her on the mouth as he left the bed first.

When Connor came out of the bathroom, he expected to see coffee on the table, but the kitchen was empty. Arching an eyebrow, he returned to the bedroom, already suspecting the reason. Ava was still sleeping, stretched out across the bed.

"Avey, it's 5:20," Connor said softly, seeing no reaction. "Ava, wake up ".

Hovering over the woman, Connor placed his hands on the bare area of her stomach and waist, easily feeling the contrast of her hot body combined with his cool palms.

"It tickles" Ava mumbled, trying to get out of his hands. "Connor! Hell, we're going to be late".

When she saw the time, Ava almost fell out of bed, only Connor could hold her. As she hurried to the shower, she grumbled about the nasty traffic jams they were going to be stuck in almost until the start of their shift. 

When she came out with her hair wet, dropping elastic band into her bag, Ava grabbed the coffee she'd made, giving Connor a grateful peck on the cheek. It was not possible to drink the hot drink to the end, but to enjoy the wonderful taste was already a great achievement.

"Promise you won't wear that underwear today" Connor said as he stood in traffic, looking at Ava carefully, getting an indignant look in return, of course.

"Pajama, Connor. They were pajama" Ava said, rolling her eyes. 

"Then we'll never get enough sleep" Connor said, not regretting at all, but smiling slyly.

"We'll get over it" Ava said, stretching in the seat.

When they finally arrived at work, Ava pulled her hair back in a ponytail, glad it was dry.

"I'll go quickly to Goodwin". Connor nodded, leaving a light kiss on the woman's cheek as he walked away with a smile on his face.

Ava smiled, too, and walked past the nurses' station, greeting people who stared at her. Puzzled, she glanced down, expecting to find a stain on her coat, but clothes were clean. With a shrug, Ava went to change. She had to work all day in the emergency room, but, fortunately, to be with her friends. As she looked out for Connor, who had also been assigned to help in the emergency room, Ava noticed again that everyone was staring at her, whispering to each other with a kind of satisfied grin.

Without seeming to care, Ava went about her work with confidence, seeing several patients with minor injuries in a row. 

"Need help?" Will smiled, also looking at Ava longer than usual.

"No," Ava said, trying not to ask directly what was wrong with Her, but the patient distracted her, wondering what to do next.

After setting up tests, Ava left the exam room, bumping into Natalie.

"Oh, Ava" she said, almost humming. "Did you have a great night?"

"What do you mean?" Ava asked, blinking rapidly.