25: Come For Dinner

"As you already know, the head of production unit said they are not satisfied with the outcome of the last shoot and so we decided to reshoot so that it comes out better this time around," Caleb addressed Jennifer and Kola who were both in the same clothes they used for the last shoot.

"And again, we've modified the script a little bit. There would be body contact this time around," Caleb revealed and Jennifer was trying her best not to protest against it. It was enough torture already that she had to do the shoot again and now they want body contact. She stole a glance at Kola and she could swear that she saw the curve of a smile on his handsome face.

Caleb went on to the describe how the new scene would look like and Jennifer didn't find it so easy by the time he was done with explaining.

"Alright. Let's get into action," Caleb said after he was done with briefing them.

"Kola you have to go in first," Caleb said and Kola went ahead to immerse himself in the water.

Jennifer's heartbeat got faster at every step that she took towards the bathtub and closer to Kola.

She finally got into the bathtub and laid her back on Kola's hard chest, tilted her head a little bit to a side, coming face-to-face with Kola. Her heart felt like it was about making an escape out of her rib cage when Kola brought his face closer and closer to hers.

"That's okay Kola, I'm satisfied with the distance between your faces," Caleb's voice came in just when Kola's face was just a few centimeters away from Jennifer's.

They went over the scene again but with the cameras rolling this time around and both Jennifer and Kola pretending to smile lovingly at each other. Jennifer was so relieved and grateful when the photoshoot finally came to an end.

She was about leaving the bathtub when she felt a splash of soapy lukewarm water on the skin of her back. She looked at Kola and saw him smiling, a mischievous one at that.

She wasn't planning on letting him go away with what he did so she retaliated by splashing him some of the soapy water too, hoping that he would stop the play after that but he went on to splash some more water on her.

"Kola stop," Jennifer said in a whisper but Kola  continued with pouring water on her with his right hand while his left hand held on firmly to her wrist, preventing her from leaving the bathtub.

"Kola stop, people are watching us," Jennifer muttered as she looked around and saw some pair of eyes on the two of them, one of those pair of eyes belonging to Caleb.

"Come for dinner at my place tomorrow evening," was what Jennifer got as a reply from Kola.

"No I'm not. I would rather want to focus on my books. Hope you remember when you told me that." Jennifer smiled and tried to free herself from Kola's grip, thankfully their hands were covered by the water so no one could see.

"Then you want to give them something to keep watching," Kola said and splashed some more water on Jennifer. She looked around again and this time she saw a disapproving look on Caleb's face.

"Okay Kola. Just let me go," Jennifer replied and Kola immediately withdrew his hands from hers.

"Seven o'clock tomorrow night," he whispered to her before she finally stepped out of the bathtub. Taking the large, white towel she was handed to by one of the ladies there, she wrapped it around her body.

"Great job Jennifer. Your act came out so naturally," Caleb said to her.

"Thanks Caleb," Jennifer replied with a smile.

"Kola please come over," Caleb called out to Kola who was at another side of the room and he walked over to meet them.

"I'm sorry that this is coming now but we had a last minute call from the celebrity life magazine that this company is affiliated to and they want to do an interview with the both of you now. They promised that it wouldn't take long so I need the two of you to get ready for it now. It would take place upstairs," Caleb informed.