Chapter Twenty

It was closing time and Angela along with Mary were at the toilet waiting for the cleaners to instruct them on what to do.

They have been leaning against the wall facing each other with blank looks on their faces.

Angela was lost in thought thinking of ways to approach Mary about her recent discovery while Mary was studying her expressions waiting for her to make the first move.

After her fight with Angela in the hallway she felt bad. She felt she said too many hurtful words and that's a first for her since she never felt remorse for insulting or putting someone in their place.

Maybe it's because she felt Angela didn't do it but then again if she didn't do it why did she over react?

Overreaction is the first sign of guilt right?

She didn't know what to think or believe.

She sighed inwardly as she stared at Angela who was now fiddling with her hands and sucking her lips.

Something she did when she was nervous or irritated.

Mary tapped her feet in annoyance as they waited for the cleaners to show up.

Five minutes later two middle ages women showed up both wearing long Ankara gowns.

"I see you're already here" one of the women said as she eyed the two girls.

Mary rolled her eyes and nearly scoffed

'you're seeing us and you are still asking... We are still on the way' she thought

Angela gave the woman a smile "Yes ma" she answered

"That's good...you'll both be washing the male toilet since it's the cleanest and after you're done I'll inspect it and only when I think it's clean will you be allowed to leave" the first woman instructed while the other just stared at them.

Mary and Angela stared at her with their mouth open.

"Kilode tefi fun won ni ise ti ko le?
Eje ki won fo toileti awon okunrin ati tobinrin kawa le sinmi......
Atleast kawa na enjoy diee." the other woman whispered to her partner with a smirk on her lips.

(Why are you giving them such an easy job? Let them wash both the male and female toilet while we rest...it's a once in a lifetime opportunity)

"That's true we should seize this opportunity" the other laughed.

"Close your mouths before you catch flies and instead of washing just the male toilet you'll wash both that and the female toilet" She said in a gruff voice and walked to the corridor to take a seat.

Mary glared at the women as Angela stared at them with distain shinning in her eyes.

Both girls were angry and irritated.

"What are you looking at? Come on get to work!" the woman screamed

Both girls angrily walked to the Janitors closet that's right beside the toilet to get cleaning supplies.

They both grumbled under their breathes cursing the women and Mr. Ben for giving them such a hard punishment.

'Couldn't he have asked us to be incharge of sweeping our class for the whole week' Mary though with a deep scowl on her face.

"What nonsense!" Angela exclaimed as she picked up a broom and bucket.

"Can you imagine these women?..Do we look like their servants?!" Mary screamed in annoyance as she kicked the door.