Twenty Four

Mary scowled as her mother dragged her to another section of the huge mall. This was not how she planned to spent her saturday.

She had already planned how her day was going to go, simple and relaxing but her mom had other plans and dragged her along.

She loved the mall but hated when she came with her mom. She preferred going to the mall with her friends or dad. That way she could get whatever she wanted but with her mom she had no choice.

Her mother criticizes and insults her tastes whenever she picked something fashionable.

It was like her mom is against fashion and it frustrated her to no ends. They got to the cosmetics and skin care section.

She picked up a medium sized Caro white cream and placed it in the shopping cart.

"Madam, what did you just put there?" Her mom pointed to the cart with a frown.

"Cream, the one you bought for me haha finished and I don't like it so I want you try something new" she responded

"You don't like it. What do you know? You want to jump from Nivea to Caro white, not while we're still together." Her mother said in a stern voice

"But mommy I like it" Mary grumbled

"You like it...why won't you like it since you want to start bleaching. As young as you are." Mary frowned as she listened to her mother

"My friend will you put that thing before I decorate your face!" Her mother spat.

"Is it not my body?" Mary mumbled under her breath as she placed the cream back on the shelf.

"What did you say?" her mother asked with a glare.

"Nothing ma" Mary replied as she looked down.

"Better" her mom scoffed as she picked out two bottles of Nivea and placed them in the cart.

They continued shopping and were now in the grocery section. Mary was tired as she held about five nylons from the five different stores they entered in the mall.

She followed her mom about with a pained look on her face, she was tired and hungry.

"Why is your face like that? Are you carrying the world on your shoulders?" Her mom asked.

Mary wanted some badly to roll her eyes but she knew that was a bad idea.

"I'm hungry" she simply replied

"Don't worry we'll soon finish here and go eat something before heading home" her mom replied with a smiled.

She felt relieve wash over her as she heard that.

They finished shopping and got to the checkout counter. Mary placed her bags on the ground beside her as she waited for her mom. She leaned on the wall with her eyes closed when she felt pain in her feet.

She quickly opened her eyes and saw a shoe mark on her feet and a boy standing right before her. She glared at his head as she angrily grabbed his shoulder and turned him around.

"Can't you see where you're stepping on while walking or are you too blind to see that you stepped on me" She angrily yelled to the person's chest.

"You're the blind one for standing in my way!" Dean angrily yelled.

Mary looked up at the familiar face and her frown deepened. "I should have known it was you. It seems you have nothing to do with your life other than disturbing and annoying me" Mary spat

"I'm the annoyin one? You are the one who walked up to me!" He scowled

"You are the one who stepped on me!" Mary shot back.