Chapter Twenty One

Dean walked through the school gate with Kayode by his side

Dean walked through the school gate with Kayode by his side. Students turned and whispered to each other while some even openly pointed at him.

He ignored all the stares and kept walking with his head held high and a cold look decorated his face.

His look was fierce and nobody dared stare him in the eyes as he passed by. He got to the assembly hall and his friends immediately ran up to him.

"My guy" Alex smiled as they shook hands

"Are you trying to kill someone with that look?" Kefas joked as they shook hands and Dean just gave him a pointed look.

"You never told me you liked them older" Alex said and they all erupted into laughter

"I never tell you anything" Dean replied.

They heard the bell ring and joined the line at the very back, and pushed all the late commers to the front.

Dean scanned the girls line with a sharp look looking for a certain person with a snare on his face.

He ignored the flirtatious smile and wink Diane sent to him and averted his eyes when his didn't see his prey.

The assembly continued and at the end of it he angrily walked out of the hall together with his friends.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~

Break time finally came around and Dean was impatiently tapping his foot as he leaned against the wall right outside his class.

Kayode and Alex looked at him without saying a word and as they stood beside him waiting to see what he had in mind and why he was just standing there with the same angry look he had since he arrived.

"I'm tired and hungry...Why are we just standing here?" Alex asked

"Reasons and I'm not forcing you to stay" Dean replied

"Okay..." Alex mumbled

Kayode tapped Alex on the shoulder and gestured with his mouth as he watched Diane and Dorathy approach them with smiles on their faces.

Both boys shared a look and laughed silently as they watched Diane wrap her hands around Deans shoulder.

"Hey babe" she greeted with a smile as she pressed her body to his.

"He looked at Kayode's face and a smirk surfaced on his face.

"Hey" he replied

"I missed you" She said with a huge smile on her face. She felt her heart do a flip as she stared into his eyes. She felt happy.

"Really?" He asked

"Yes" She hurriedly replied

"Prove it" He smirked