He's Different

[7:30 pm]

Slowly waking up, Gulf shifts around in Mew's bed for the second time today. His eyes open to a darkened room since it's already past evening. He lays there blankly staring up at the ceiling.

I guess I do feel a bit better after sleeping...

Gulf turns to the left to look for the clock on the bedside table.

Darn.. it's already 7:30 pm. Ugh, I can't believe I've bothered him for the entire day.

Gulf quickly gets out of bed. He sighs in relief after realizing his annoying headache is finally gone. He stands still near the bed and looks around the room.

Hmm.. he's got a pretty nice bedroom.

Gulf can't stand his curious self and decides to switch on the bedroom lights to clearly view Mew's bedroom. He softly smiles.

Such a neat freak.

Mew's bedroom is nicely designed with matching dark colors for everything. His bed sheets are dark gray with a simple line pattern. His window curtains are also the same shade of gray. The office desk, closet door, drawers, and the two cushiony chairs near the window are complementary in color to the entire bedroom. Lastly, Gulf's gaze lingers on the bedside table. A single photo frame is standing next to the lamp. A warm and smiley picture of Mew hugging his son in his arms.

They're so adorable!

Gulf ends his quick room tour and walks outside. He notices that the lights of the dining room are on. Once entering the room, he spots Mew, Sing, and Auntie Mai sitting at the table.

Auntie Mai is surprised. "Aow, Gulf? What are you doing here?"

Gulf smiles shyly. "Hello, Auntie Mai."

Mew, who is in the middle of chewing, speaks up. "He was spending the day here, Auntie."

Auntie Mai is shocked but glad to see such development. "..for what reason...?"

Mew awkwardly smiles. "I'll tell you later..."

Mew looks up at Gulf. "Gulf, join us. We have plenty more food that Auntie brought over."

Gulf glances over the table and notices that they are all almost finished eating from their bowls.

Gulf firmly shakes his head. "No it's alright, P'. I think I should really get going now. I've been staying over for too long."

"Oh.. okay."

Mew stands up and grabs a napkin to wipe his mouth. "I'll take you home."

Gulf immediately refuses. "No, P' Mew. I'll be fine taking a bus."

Mew frowns. "Why would you take a bus when you have P' who can drive you?"

"But.. I don't want to bother you anymore than I already am."

Auntie Mai chuckles at their cute interaction. "Just go with him, Gulf. Taking a bus will be too crowded at this time, especially since it's after work hours."

Mew smiles at his aunt for helping him. "I'll be leaving Sing with you for a bit, Auntie."

Auntie Mai willingly nods.

Mew turns to his son. "Daddy will be back, okay?"

Sing nods. "Bye-bye, P' Gulfie!"

Gulf smiles. "Bye~"

Mew walks out the dining room urging Gulf to follow. "Let's go."

Gulf quietly follows knowing that he won't stand a chance if he continues to argue that he is fine going home alone.