Chapter 12

This chapter is the second leg of the Quad marathon. It's terrain has a slight incline.  Please monitor your heart rate. 

"Jin." JK says being surprised. "The last time we spoke, you said I was the problem." Jin is direct in what he is saying. "Wait Jin, I didn't mean it that way." JK says as he tries to lessen the hardness of the statement he made. Jin finishes what he intends to say. "Sometimes we speak the truth unconsciously when we're angry. You asked me for understanding. I'm here and I want to understand." The therapist comes out into the waiting area where Jin and JK are. He knows why Jin is there. "Mr. Jeon, Mr. Kim being able to be a part of your therapy is based upon you consenting to it. I have a strict confidentiality clause." JK looks at his therapist and back at Jin.

"I need to know that you are not doing this for me but for yourself." JK tells Jin. "I'm doing this for us Jungkook- ah." JK looks at Jin and in his eyes. He finds sincerity in Jin's eyes. He looks at his therapist and nods his head. The therapist hands JK a document of consent to sign. Once the document is signed, they walk into the therapist's office. "Let's get started. The last time you were here, you talked about the morning after the assault at an event.  And Mr. Kim,  I'm glad you joined us because I believe the hostility from Mr. Jeon was directed toward you?" Jin looks at JK. "Yes." Jin slowly sighs affirming the therapist's statement. They talked for an hour and a half. The session ends. Caso and Erin are outside talking when Jin and JK exit the building.

"You sure you want to attend the next session after today's session?" JK asks Jin. "I'm sure. When is the next session " " 6pm on Friday." "See you Friday at 6." They both hesitate then walk away from each other. Jin walks to his car. Caso nods at JK with a smile. JK hears Caso ask, "where to"? Jin responds, "To Ken's office." JK hears Jin and enters his car with a confused heart.

JK is at home and he is lying across his bed in the nude. His mind wonders to Jin and his therapy session. He falls asleep with a smile thinking about Jin. After his doctor's appointment, Jin is at home scheduling his visit to the States. He is on the phone with Yoongi. They hang up. Jin showers and dresses. He is in office finishing up business proposals. His phone rings. It's Ken.

"Hey Ken" "Jin, you told me to call when your test results are back." Ken tells Jin. "Right. Am I dying Ken?"  "If being healthy kills you. How do you do it man, perfect health, you never age, weight is steady since high school, still handsome and still have the world at your feet." "No. No man, please. I have my flaws."  "We all do Jin, but you are something different." "Stop" Jin says with a small chuckle. "But yeah everything is fine, Jin."  "Thanks Ken. Oh, and thanks for inviting me to the Doctors' Convention tomorrow."  "No Problem. They are looking for ways to expand their software, who better than you know software?"  "To be honest. Jungkook-ah. I was amazed at his software analytics before I took over JinKook." Jin replies to Ken. "JinKook?" Ken questions. "JinKook is a software he started, and I finished it and gave it that name after he sold the company to me." "Who would have thought Mr. Jeon, handsome and smart." Ken states in trying to be snarky. "Pardon Me?" Jin states after being uneasy with Ken's remarks. "In software. I would have never guessed he was a software analysis. Sorry if you misunderstood that statement." Ken quickly says to cover himself. "It's fine. You corrected the statement so that clears up any misunderstanding and Yes, Jungkook-ah is very well versed in software." Ken can tell in Jin's voice that Jin is being defensive of JK. Ken feeling defeated, switches back to his doctor mode. "Well since there is nothing abnormal in your test results, I will let you rest, and I will see you tomorrow at 5." "See you then Ken, and thanks." Jin hangs up and is very unapologetic about coming off as defensive at Ken's snarkiness. He finishes the work he has on his desk and lies in his bed thinking about JK. He soon falls asleep..

********************

"Mr. Jeon, you have an incoming call. Caller unknown." The monitor announces. JK looks at the time and sees its 5am. "Ignore." He turns back over in the bed and is about to close his eyes when the monitor announces another call. "Mr. Jeon, you have an incoming call. Caller Park Bogum." JK is hesitant to say answer but does so anyway. "Answer." "JK, please talk to me." JK sits up in the bed. "What the fuck do you want? Why are you calling me now?"  "It's nice to hear your voice JK. I want to see you face to face. Can I? It's really hard to get a good look at your face standing off in the distance."  "Are you fucking following me?"  "I'm sorry okay. I know I'm the last person you want to speak too but I just need to talk to you, to touch you." "Bogum, I really think you need to see someone but I'm sure it's not me." JK is feeling uncomfortable. "JK, I remember how perfectly my cock fitted your hole. The moans from me as you straddled me. I've never been with a guy before; you were my first. You enjoyed me too, right JK, from your actions? Do that mean anything to you?"  JK doesn't answer. "JK I'm not going to stop calling until you talk to me face to face. Just see me. I need you. I'm going fucking insane okay. I miss you."

JK ends the call and lies back down. The phone rings again and again. He ignores it. A few hours pass and the calls have stopped. He showers and dresses for work. Park Bogum call is on his mind. He phones the chief to inform him about the call. "Mr. Jeon, how can I help you?" "Bogum. Is he still with law enforcement?" "Hold on." The chief knows giving out such information is against protocol but it's something about JK's voice that warrants him to break protocol. So, he gets up and closed the door. "Yes. He is still with us. Is there anything I can help you with?"   "He has been calling me non-stop. He stated he follows me and just talk like a psychotic individual."  "When was his last call?"  "This morning at 5. Since then it has been non-stop with me not answering those calls." The chief is writing this down to pass on to his chief deputy to look into. "I'm sorry, you are going through this and I can promise you Mr. Jeon this is priority." "Thank you Chief Jung."  "No problem."

The chief hangs up and makes a copy of the paper for his personal record and one to give to his chief deputy. He put his copy on his desk and is about to leave his office to take the other paper to his deputy. He hears a knock and opens the door and it is Jin. He shakes Jin's hand and folds the paper that's in his hand to keep Jin from noticing what's on it. "Hey son."   "I came to see if you wanted to join me for breakfast."  "Hold that thought. I need to go and speak with my chief deputy. I'll be right back."

Jin walks into the chief's office to wait. He sits down. He is about to dial his acting assistant about coming in late, but something catches his attention. He sees Mr. Jeon and the word Priority on a sheet of paper. He picks up the paper and reads what on it. He becomes infuriated with what he reads. He places the paper down and leaves. The chief comes back into his office and Jin is not there. He sees the paper and realization hits him. He knows Jin has seen it. He hits his desk with his fist. "Damn it Jin." 

💕💕

Thank you for your continued support.   Are you pacing yourself?    Two more legs of the marathon to go.