25.| crumbs

"Jen unni seems to be missing a lot lately

"Jen unni seems to be missing a lot lately." Lisa said eating a spoonful of rice.

Jisoo clicked her tongue.
"I wonder what that girl is doing, when I called her earlier, the line's busy."  She said, feeling a little disappointed.

It's not like Jennie is blatantly ignoring them or something, it's just that, she's somehow very busy all of a sudden. One possibility crossed Lisa's mind, the girl must be seeing someone.

"Do you think she has a boyfriend?"

Jisoo coughed, choking on her own saliva. "Then she will be definitely telling me that. She never keeps secrets from me."

Lisa shrugged, "We never know. Maybe she's shy?"

"Shy? The antonym of shy is Jennie Kim." Jisoo said, word by word, with her eyes widened.

She then reached for Lisa bangs and messed with it. The younger protested, but she ignored her and even pinched her cheeks.

"How about you, huh? You always visit the president's office. Are you his personal assistant or something?"

Lisa rolled her eyes then started fixing her hair while giving Jisoo shooting glares.
"If anything, unni, he is my assistant."

"So you top in a relationship, I guess."

"What? That's not what I mean. Also, we're not in a relationship."

Jisoo crossed her arms above her chest. She pressed her lips then wiggled her eyebrows to tease the brunette.
"News spread like bacteria, Liz. You are the talk of the campus for like 2 weeks now."

"Where did that even come from? It doesn't make sense."
Lisa felt something funny on her stomach, as if her guts were being rearranged and she hate it.

"You two were always spotted together, not just that, Jungkook doesn't even go out his office that often."

That's the truth. Jungkook created such complex personality of himself. As a leader, he is of course, approachable, but in a sense that he keeps everything professional. He's not very friendly, he hates that. His childhood friends were the exception, maybe.

The reason why seeing him often with a girl, moreover, a new girl, stirs rumors.

Lisa sat thinking, Jungkook did changed a lot since their first meeting. At least he's not threatening her with harsh words and actually is treating her nice.

"We're friends."
She voiced out her thoughts. Jisoo raised an eyebrow.

"Just friends?"

"Yes. Just friends."

"No benefits?"

"Unni, oh my God stop."
Lisa buried her face on her palm to hide her flustered reaction.

"Wait. Look."

"Why?"

"Come on!"
The urgency on Jisoo's voice made her peek at whatever the older's lips were pointing at.

Good heavens

If this is a teen romance drama, she can already imagine a background music playing while everybody's mouth were on the ground and their pupils turning heart-shaped.

The cafeteria was silenced. It's not even an exaggeration to say that nobody was moving, they're all on pause.

Jungkook brushed his hair up, making everybody swoon over him. He easily spotted Lisa and Jisoo's table. He walked as if nothing weird is happening. Of course, he's used to fame.

"Hey." He casually greeted Lisa then turned to Jisoo, "Nuna." Then bowed slightly.

"H-hi."
Lisa was surprised to hear herself stuttering. For what? For what?

You see Jungkook in a fresh haircut and you lose your goddarn mind? Collect yourself, Lisa. She told herself.

"Hi pres. I just remembered I have stuff to submit before dismissal, excuse me."
Jisoo beamed at both of them then made her leave.

"Can I sit?"
Jungkook said, his voice a little unusual to hear because of a certain raspiness in it.

"Sure, sure, here." Lisa motioned the seat in front of her.

"Thanks."
He said then sat down, Lisa noticed the box he was holding.

"You had a haircut."
She said, avoiding eye contact. When was she ever awkward with him? Jungkook, of course noticed her uneasiness, but decided to brush it off for now.

"I wasn't really planning to cut it, damn the club adviser." He sound somehow upset, unconsciously brushing his hair with his hands.

"It looks good."
Lisa tried acting normal by grinning.

"Really?" Jungkook said, a smile forming on his lips, "fine then."

"Yeah, but you should try parting it like this." She said then reached for his hair, a temptation she was resisting since earlier. Jungkook's lips parted, he stared at her. Their eyes connected for a second making Lisa's cheeks heat up.

Since when did I start getting this kind of reaction because of him? Lisa you weirdo.

"Ehem. What's that?"
She pulled away then casually averting their focus to the stuff Jungkook brought.

"Oh this." Jungkook opened, it's a cake.

"I didn't know you like cakes a lot. I saw the stuff you were working on your laptop the other day."
She commented

Jungkook scratched his nape. Seeing him like that, Lisa confirmed the thought she's been having for a while. Jungkook is a soft boy, she don't know what caused him to always hide what he's feeling but she's happy to see him bare like this, at least once in a while. This guy must be a devil at first, but he's just a cinnamon roll after all.

"About that, I joined the pastry club."
He said with a hint of hopeful tone for some reason. He looks like a puppy waiting for a validation.

"I never expected that from you, Mr. Jeon. Tell me what pushed you?"
She said smiling.

"Ah well, I want to learn something new."

"Oh please, you're a master of a lot of stuff already."

"Yeah, but this.. I really wanted to do it."

Lisa's heart swell up at the sight of Jungkook looking genuinely happy. She should hate how her guts feel really weird at the moment, but somehow she liked it. A lot, apparently.

"So this is your first try?"

Jungkook nodded repeatedly, pushing the cake towards her. "Yes, judge it please."

Lisa observed the cake.
"I'm not really a fan of icing, it looks like there isn't a lot of it here."

"I figured. That's why I only did the crumb coating and added these chocolate sprinkles."
He muttered, talking about the cake as if describing an art straight from a museum.

Lisa got lost in her thoughts just quietly staring at him. This friendship sure does make her feel things.

-

-

-
filler only sowi :( i feel
kind of unmotivated lately.