36.| selfish

Jungkook felt his neck hanging uncomfortably, he groaned and shifted into a better position

Jungkook felt his neck hanging uncomfortably, he groaned and shifted into a better position. Still unconscious, he slowly drifted back to slumber as he smelled a familiar scent.

He smiled out of reflex and inched closer, burying his neck on it. He hugged the soft thing and satisfied himself by laying comfortably until he realized something uncanny.

He opened his eyes, sight still blurry so he blinked a few times. His eyelids fluttered some more until he finally gained his clear vision back.

Upon waking up, his head is still clouded, he's half conscious that's why as he look around the area, confusion etched on his face. Even asking himself where the hell is he.

Jungkook reached for the pillow he's been cuddling, now that he regained consciousness, he finally recognized the scent.

"Lisa.."
He mumbled.

I'm in her room. He covered his mouth as if he said a curse. He carefully looked around in hopes to see the brunette. However, the silence was enough of an information telling him he's definitely alone.

He rested his back on the walk and brushed his hair up. He started regaining his thoughts, from the volleyball match, to Lisa's wounds, how he carried and treated her scraped feet.

Shit, what a husband material, I would marry me. He thought, a little conceited.

Then he remembered, speaking of Lisa, where's she and are her feet okay? That ran around Jungkook's mind.

"Lisa?"
He called out.

It was all silence.

He groaned then dropped his body on the bed, he stared at the ceiling as if the lights were the most interesting thing he ever saw.

Sighing, he blink a couple of times o digest the recent happenings. He can't help but smile thinking about the moments they shared. Lisa just got this effect on him that he never felt before.

At this point, he's sure they share the same feelings. Maybe they're just waiting for each other to step up. He knew that he needs to level up his game before something gets on his way.

Thinking about it, he felt like it's somehow surprising that Lisa is not currently in a relationship. Everyone would die to be with her.

Maybe she's picky? Or is it not her priority? Then does he really have a chance? What if he's just receiving false signals? Is he prepared for disappointment?

Man, she's worth every risk. A part of his brain said.

Jungkook unconsciously grinned, Lisa's image popping on his head. Never did he ever felt this selfless, he's willing to take uncertain routes to reach a wonderful direction. There's no certainty that things will go according to what he wants, but that's not gonna stop him. Not even a little.