Marie and Leslie. (7)

-not my photo, credit to owner-

*MARIE'S POV*

I couldn't stop thinking about Friday. I still couldn't believe that I never got caught. Which was the first, I couldn't stop beating myself up. Why didn't I go hug them? I was right there! I wanted to run and hug them and never let them go but did I do that? No, I just stood there like a lost puppy. Fixing my bed Wednesday morning I stopped and looked out my window, why did I do that?!

Why, why, why was all I kept asking myself. Why didn't I talk to them, God gave me the opportunity to actually talk to someone famous and I froze like a statue. It's been five days and I'm still trying to figure out why.

I remember the look on Calum's face. He looked so scared for some reason like he knew that I was an orphan. I look down at my clothes. Well no wonder why, I would probably look at myself that way too. I sigh fixing my skirt going back to fixing my bed.

'Your so stupid Marie! No wonder why you will never get adopted' I couldn't help but remember what one of my roommates told me one day crying in this room.

I was depressed and mad at myself because nobody wanted to adopt me. I felt like it was my fault. Everyone around me was getting adopted but me.

I grip onto my bed sheets holding back tears. I hate it here. "Marie, stop playing around class is about to start"

"I'll be there in a bit" I say throwing my covers over my pillow. Walking to the class room I remember all the times I've got beaten and bullied in these halls. Getting pushed into the lockers, having them screaming in my face telling me horrible things.

'Nobody loves you Marie, nobody wants to adopt you' 'Why don't you kill yourself already, your never getting out of her anyway'

Walking into the class room I ignore the look on Ms. Gloria's face because I came in one minute before class started. Taking my seat in the back I move my hair to one side and took out my homework.

For the rest of the class I kept my eyes on my papers. After class was over I put my papers on Ms. Gloria's desk and headed outside with the rest of the class to the library. I knew this was going to be a long walk to the library when the library was five minutes away from the orphanage.

It hasn't even been a few seconds and Emily and my roommates were already throwing rocks at me, calling me horrible names. Did mention that I'm scared of Emily? We'll she is a nightmare that you can't escape from.

Walking a little faster to get away from them not looking back. I just wanted to get to the library in one piece. I pass by a small store when I see someone I wasn't expecting to see ever again. Was I dreaming? Was that really him? Calum Hood was walking out of the store putting on his sunglasses when he stops and looks over at me.

I freeze again. Why do I keep doing that? I continue to walk with my head down looking at my feet. "Hey" he says walking my way.

"Hi" I say still looking down at my feet.

"I'm sorry I didn't get your name Friday" he says touching me on my arm softly. He just touched me, definitely not dreaming.

I could feel my face getting red as I remembered Friday. "It's Marie" looking him in the eyes.

He smiled looking back in mine. We stood there for a few seconds when I suddenly snap back into reality. The library, the girls, I couldn't let them see me with him. They will make fun of me big time in front of him.

Giving him a small smile before walking away from him heading to the library. "Marie wait, where are you going?" He says running after me walking along with me.