Following the Rabbit

Everyone looked perplexed at the King, who looked to be controlling his anger by taking deep breaths. His fists were clenched and his face was red with anger. 

Suddenly noticing the look Lee Gon was throwing to the other end of the sofa, Tae Eul got up and dragged the King away saying, "Please excuse us, I need to have an important discussion with him."

Jo Yeong silently followed them but stopped when Tae Eul-iee gave him a look, after receiving a nod from the King, Yeong sat back on the seat sighing loudly. Everyone could clearly see the disapproval oozing out of him.

Away from the earshot of their kinda-over extended family members Tae Eul-iee smacked the immature King's arm.

"Ah! It hurts", the King said his earlier anger momentarily forgotten staring at the woman who dared to hurt him.

"What did you think you were doing ?", Tae Eul-iee said indicating the erratic behavior he was displaying just few moments ago.

"He was looking and touching my daughter, what do you want me to do. Just watch and...what bless them" Lee Gon asked incredulously.

Placing both her arms on his shoulder to relax him, Tae Eul-iee said, "I know, I too figured she could only be your daughter. I mean who else would love to study science? Anyway she isn't your daughter yet and whoever her mother is, she might have a different opinion than you."

"What?" Lee Gon asked clearly confused and said, "You don't know who her mother is?"

"How could I? She might be someone from the Kingdom clearly and since she isn't here, I don't know. Anyway that boy could be my son or any of the other members son. So, cut them some slack. That boy was just comforting your daughter."

"And you, were you just comforting me too" Lee Gon asked stepping closer to her, his face just inches away from her.

Looking away from the intense gaze, taking an unnecessary breath she nodded and left thinking, 'That shameless man he clearly is going to have a child with another woman and he still looks at me like that.'

The King stood there thinking, 'How in the world did she become a detective.'

While the couple were having their private chat, many thoughts were running inside the other members mind. Eun Seob couldn't stop thinking that they looked like what his parents looked while they were fighting.

Seung-Ah couldn't stop the sympathy she felt towards the handsome bodyguard while Na-ri started thinking maybe Seung-Ah is wrong after all.

Eun Ah and Wook seemed to have an inkling on what the discussion and the outburst were about and moved away from each other as the King and Queen gave glances towards them.

Shin Jae wanted to punch the guy, he really wanted to. He buried his face in his palms making sure not to witness how lovey-dovey they were talking with each other. 

Yeong decided to be a friend and not a bodyguard and give the Lieutenant a chance. If the King's expressions were anything to go by she was there to stay.

As they all settled once more, the screen started to shine once again.

Kingdom of Corea, Busan Main Palace

The Fall Of 2019