Winter 1994 - part 1

Kingdom of Corea, Winter of 1994

Lee Rim is shown opening a sword from it's case placed in the trophy room. He unsheathes it partially and the words, 'The sky and the ground help the earth balance, defeat the bad and make things just' is seen inscribed in the sword. 

"Isn't that the same sword, You were carrying ?" Jeong Tae Eul asked turning to the King who looked intrigued at the screen now.

Frowning at his non response Tae Eul looked around and noticed everyone were wearing the same expression, except Yeong who looked like he was too bored to be there. Even her detective brain couldn't find anything on his face to give away of what he was thinking. The Kingdom of Corea did have good bodyguards she supposed. Signing she turned to look at the screen.

A man comes up behind him and says, "The King is in Cheonjongo [1]"

"Let's go, what I need is over there".

"This is the night that changed my life" Lee Gon told out aloud making everyone look at him.

Shin Jae looked away as the flower symbol in the screen was mocking him by repeatedly playing on his mind to listen to what that King was saying.

The guard is shot down and Lee Rim and his followers walk towards Cheonjongo through the long corridor. Rows of King's paintings are shown, and blood splatters onto them.

Seung-Ah gasped as the body fell, she had grown listening about the night of the treason but she didn't think it was this gruesome. Na-ri, who was beside her was clenching her hands on her lap.

While Wook looked worriedly at Eun Ah, thinking that seeing this might be too much for her. It could remind her of that...night.

The King is putting the pipe back into the case and locking it carefully when he hears shooting noise and sees his guards being shot down. This is Emperor Lee Ho.

Lee Rim's people invade the room and shoot all the people surrounding the King and have him at gunpoint.

"How did he acquire this many followers?" Lee Gon mumbled, he still could not find out, how that many people betrayed his father.

"We can do a thorough research once again Your Highness, when we return" Yeong said as the King nodded at him.

"You..." Lee Ho starts.

"Yes. They are helping me, Your Highness" Lee Rim says coming out of the shadows.

"You know I never understood all the villains ability to speak in a dramatic tones" Eun Seob said to others trying to disperse the tense atmosphere they are in.

"I think they are born with it" Eun Ah replied surprising everyone. She had been kind of a recluse except to explain things ever since she met them.

Wook gave a wink at her when everyone turned to look at her. Lee Gon gave a smile to Eun Ah at her interacting with everyone. 

"Brother, what are you doing?"

"Not good things" Shin Jae mumbled.

Lee Rim snarkily scoffs and says, "Do you still not know what I'm about to do?"

"Don't do this" Lee Ho urges, "Put that sword down, this is treason."

Lee Rim with blood all over of him unsheathes the sword and says "To you, it might be nothing but treason. But I picked up this sword to gain something even bigger."

"What is it that you're so willing to kill for? Do you not fear the punishment of the skies?" the King asks.

"It would be nice if everyone fears the power of the gods" Na-ri replied.